DNV GL - Energy's Sustainable Energy Use Program Design and Implementation group is seeking a Mid-Level Engineer to join our Business Services team, which provides support to our energy efficiency implementation programs across the United States. This position will work in support of AEP Ohio sponsored programs that encourage energy efficiency in commercial, industrial, schools and government buildings. This position is based out of our Columbus, Ohio office.
Tasks May Include
- Support Senior Engineer with New Measure Development
- Support Junior Engineers with technical guidance
- Subject Matter Expert for both internal and external clients
- Evaluate new technologies through relationships with manufacturers
- Review and verify technical merits of business customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
- Customer site inspections to verify the installation of energy efficient equipment. Interact with customers to address questions or concerns about installed equipment or programmatic information
- Database queries and program data analysis
- Educate contractors about the program
- Provide technical support to other team members on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent. An educational emphasis on energy and/or energy experience is strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a related field
- Familiarity with lighting standards, technologies and controls
- Advanced knowledge of energy market and industry standards, trends, and technologies
- Knowledge of local and national energy incentives programs
- Knowledge of Energy codes and standards (IECC, ASHRAE, etc.)
- Knowledge of end-use metering instrumentation
- Experience with energy auditing ASHRAE levels 1, 2 and 3
- Experience performing site-specific engineering analysis and evaluation of complex energy efficiency projects involving HVAC, lighting and industrial process equipment, such as pumps, motors, fans and compressed air systems
- Experience performing building energy use analysis & simulations familiar with tools such as eQuest, Trane Trace and HAP preferred
- Able to perform, review and verify energy savings calculations analysis and evaluation of complex energy efficiency projects
- Intermediate Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge required
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills for customer communication required
- Individual should display a positive, team-oriented attitude to match our friendly work environment
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 25% of the time
- Reliable transportation is required
- Must be able to meet the requirements to drive for company business
- We conduct pre-employment background check and drug screen
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: