Requisition ID: 52261
The Network Planning Manager (NPM) is responsible for gathering and analyzing industry, competitor, and internal business data. The position provides strategic support in a project driven environment (i.e., evaluation of potential investment opportunities ranging from an individual site to a large acquisition) with the designated growth areas of ARCO, ampm, and Mobile to deliver an optimal retail network for Tesoro. Using gravity based and space interaction tools, the NPM is expected to analyze the impact of strategies and tactics prior to capital outlay - from a single site analysis to an entire network. Using demographic and Tesoro's customer segmentation data, the NPM is required to identify key growth areas within a marketing area and recommend implementation of site tactics for capital investment.
- The NPM position provides both financial and marketing analysis, volume projections and performs discounted cash flow analysis for Retail Marketing's site growth investments, including but not limited to: New-to-Industry, Rebrands, Raze and Rebuilds, Forecourt or backcourt conversions and Renewals.
- Applies analysis of regional areas to selected sites and assists in determining most efficient usage for proposed site(s). This may be on optimizing existing, or expansion of the asset base. Maintains existing asset database for all ARCO retail locations.
- Analyzes new branding and retention incentives being offered by Tesoro. Annual incentive budget will range from $15-20MM annually (varies by area & brand).
- Assists in the preparation of development proposals for management approval for individual sites to large strategic acquisitions of multiple locations. Presents and understands necessary returns on investment and attributes of a strong asset/site.
- Collects and provides information on competitive activity and regional knowledge for the designated areas of operation.
- Assists the Franchise Recruiter with delivery of their annual sales targets for signed agreements and new store openings.
- Prepares reports, forecasts, and analysis necessary to manage the assigned growth areas. Attends relevant trade shows. Builds cooperative relationships with key stakeholder (e.g. Field Management and Operations, Marketing Services).
- Periodically participates in field rides to maintain knowledge of marketing areas. Handles special projects at managements’ directive.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Business Administration or Finance is required.
- Minimum 6 years of petroleum marketing or network planning or business development required.
- Understanding of business and petroleum industry operation preferred
- Understanding of Commercial Real Estate, Site Selection for new builds preferred
- Financial acumen with the ability to read and interpret financial reports
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and Power Point
- Productive collaboration; the ability to engage in purposeful conversations, productively resolving concerns through project presentation - networking with internal stakeholder/operations teams for consensus
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline™, Rebel™ and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 15 million barrels of storage capacity; two crude oil rail facilities; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
EOE: Race / Sex / Veteran / Disability
Posting Notes: || Long Beach || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-YCP-1 || |Marketing & Retail || 90802 ||