Please include a cover letter and English version of your resume.
DNV GL Energy is seeking to hire a dynamic Office Administrator in Montreal who will provide local business support to DNV GL's Montreal and Toronto offices along with assisting with administrative tasks and technical deliverables from the renewable energy teams. This position will also be responsible for providing, upon request, administrative support to remote employees.
Why you should work for us?
Because within the DNV GL Energy group, organizational culture matters. Among our collective areas of focus, we don't compromise on quality, we are customer-centric and we value communication. Our team is highly knowledgeable, creative, and collaborative, thrives on challenges, and has a real passion for renewable energy. Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Office Administration
- General reception duties: incoming mail/phones, greeting visitors/courier services, office related shipping support, monitoring shipping area, managing office access cards, managing the alarm system, managing the phone system management, etc.
- Support visitor travel arrangements
- Oversee management of all office equipment, including local vendor management and maintenance
- Management of mobile phones
- Purchase of office supplies, furniture, office equipment needs (including ergonomic equipment)
- Oversee all facilities management and act as the office building representative
- Coordinate group presentations
- Coordinate ordering of business cards
- Ensure office maintenance and order, including supply room and kitchen, (with exception of HSE matters)
- File, copy, scan, edit documents, notes transcription, archiving, etc.
- Maintenance of photocopier email lists, restocking paper, toner, recycling
- Support organization of birthday, anniversary, annual holiday party and other local events
- Administrative support to DNV GL Toronto office and to remote employees, as required
- Other duties assigned, as needed.
Support to Technical Teams
- Support with proposal development, such as (but not limited to) formatting of CVs, project references, firm information forms and other contractual requirements, preparation of letters of transmittal, coordination of translation services, managing portal access for submissions, finalizing contracts for execution, document compilation; personalizing business development presentations, etc.)
- Coordination on external printing for projects
- Formatting of technical reports and deliverables
- Assistance with expense reports for billable projects
- Support for site visit preparation - hotels, car rental, etc.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) data entry (houses, wetlands, etc.)
- Maintenance of project databases for GIS
- FTP site documentation downloads from clients from owner's engineering and solar independent engineering clients
- Support for miscellaneous IT and ISO-compliance related tasks for all team members
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or another relevant field
- 1 to 2 years of office administration or other relevant experience is an asset
- Passion for environment/sustainability and/or renewables energy will be highly regarded
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS .
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken)
- Proficient in MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and able to learn new software.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter, quick learner, takes initiative and ownership
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Customer service approach
- Both a team player and able to work independently
- Ability to think critically about the task at hand and make suggestions for improvement
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Able to work effectively and professionally with diverse people - clients and co-workers
- Accountable for assigned tasks and projects
- Flexible and adaptable, as issues and tasks may change quickly
- Demonstrates interest and ability to continuously learn
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Indoor, environmentally-controlled environment.
- Desktop work - ability and willingness to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, kneeling, standing and reaching.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check.
Please include a cover letter and English version of your resume.
Opportunities Beyond Business
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work toward our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: