Requisition ID: 64841
Supervises operations work group in assigned area/zone. Responsible for safe and effective
execution of operations work in environmentally compliant manner.
1. Supervises assigned crew of Operators to ensure process unit work is efficiently executed without
incident. Ensures productivity and work quality in accordance with optimization plan. Oversees
performance monitoring; communicates key performance indicators (KPIs). Promotes proactive
focus to trouble-shooting process units and fosters positive, high-involvement work environment.
Supports first-level response in troubleshooting operating issues/equipment problems.
Communicates daily activities related to manpower, accomplishments and problem areas to
2. Ensures assigned personnel are adequately trained for their job assignment. Identifies training
needs and provides input into development of training programs for operations skill pool.
3. Maintains visible and active field presence to promote safe working environment and ensure
adherence to safe work practices and established procedures. Corrects work violation rules.
Participates in audits and near-miss/incident investigations. Follows-up on safety issues until
closure. Active member of safety committees.
4. Ensures Operations’ activities are conducted in environmentally compliant manner. Ensures timely
action is taken to resolve deficiencies.
5. Works collaboratively with other supervisors and Superintendents to develop Operations
6. Must have physical ability to perform all essential job duties and work extended hours, including
nights and weekends in process operations environment. Work may be conducted during periods
of inclement weather. Must have physical ability to access all areas of the refinery including stairs
and/or ladders to inspect critical process and mechanical equipment. Must be available to respond
to upset conditions during off-hours.
1. Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
1. Minimum 5 years refinery operations experience with demonstrated safe work behaviors
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Los Angeles || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-AS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 90749 ||