Requisition ID: 56122
Performs a variety of payroll, accounting and tax related duties to ensure accurate and timely payment of wages, garnishments for Tesoro and its subsidiaries in compliance with Company policies, local, state, and Federal regulations.
- Coordinates testing with IT resources to ensure payroll system is configured based on regulatory requirements and validates integrity of the system.
- Coordinates processing and payment of all types of garnishments for all Tesoro Companies and ensures accuracy of payments.
- Reconciles and reports garnishment and voluntary deduction to third party vendors. May review and audit deductions.
- Performs various accounting duties including journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations, reviewing and analyzing discrepancies and processing appropriate corrections to ensure the accuracy of payroll accounts.
- Provides payroll tax support for all companies to ensure the amounts balance. Coordinates timing and accuracy of all payroll tax deposits with the Accounting and Treasury Departments.
- Prepares and files federal and state tax withholding reports.
- Researches and responds to federal or state tax notices and provides timely resolution of the most complex issues.
- May assist with balancing and preparing annual W-2 forms and other year-end reporting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in business, accounting or related field required.
- Minimum 6 years of Payroll and/or Accounting experience is required.
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
- Solid understanding of payroll processing and reporting with broad understanding of the payroll function
- Ability to perform the most complex reconciliations
- Strong understanding of federal tax laws and regulations as it applies to payroll and tax reporting
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees both written and verbally
- Ability to work in fast-paced deadline driven environment and effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Advanced proficiency in using accounting or related systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to review and analyze the most complex accounting information
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve complex accounting issues
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline™, Rebel™ and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 15 million barrels of storage capacity; two crude oil rail facilities; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
EOE: Race / Sex / Veteran / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-YCP-1 || |Accounting & Finance || 78259 ||