Requisition ID: 56122
Performs a variety of payroll, accounting and tax related duties to ensure accurate and timely payment of wages, garnishments for Tesoro and its subsidiaries in compliance with Company policies, local, state, and Federal regulations.
- Coordinates testing with IT resources to ensure payroll system is configured based on regulatory requirements and validates integrity of the system.
- Coordinates processing and payment of all types of garnishments for all Tesoro Companies and ensures accuracy of payments.
- Reconciles and reports garnishment and voluntary deduction to third party vendors. May review and audit deductions.
- Performs various accounting duties including journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations, reviewing and analyzing discrepancies and processing appropriate corrections to ensure the accuracy of payroll accounts.
- Provides payroll tax support for all companies to ensure the amounts balance. Coordinates timing and accuracy of all payroll tax deposits with the Accounting and Treasury Departments.
- Prepares and files federal and state tax withholding reports.
- Researches and responds to federal or state tax notices and provides timely resolution of the most complex issues.
- May assist with balancing and preparing annual W-2 forms and other year-end reporting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in business, accounting or related field required.
- Minimum 6 years of Payroll and/or Accounting experience is required.
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
- Solid understanding of payroll processing and reporting with broad understanding of the payroll function
- Ability to perform the most complex reconciliations
- Strong understanding of federal tax laws and regulations as it applies to payroll and tax reporting
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees both written and verbally
- Ability to work in fast-paced deadline driven environment and effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Advanced proficiency in using accounting or related systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to review and analyze the most complex accounting information
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve complex accounting issues
Andeavor is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.”
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
EOE: Race / Sex / Veteran / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-YCP-1 || |Accounting & Finance || 78259 ||