Brief Team and Position Summary :
The primary function of the Physical Environment (PE) Surveyor is to participate as a member of the NIAHO® hospital survey team ensuring provider compliance with the guidelines, principles and written instructions established by DNV GL. The PE surveyor partners with hospital staff in assessing compliance with the Life Safety Code and other non-patient care related functions. As a new surveyor, you will be trained and then partnered with an experienced surveyor as an observer and then a participant. Once you have proven your ability to conduct surveys to DNV GL's standards you will become a fully qualified clinical surveyor and team member.
Tasks May Include: (E ssential roles, responsibilities and activities a candidate may expect)
- Conduct survey activities focused on non-patient care units and activities
- Ensure that survey work is performed in accordance with the quality requirements of the activity, and the procedures governing the activity.
- Plan and execute surveys, reports the results of the surveys and follow-up, as required, within agreed timescales and economic budgets
- Where applicable, supervise the work and provide guidance and/or training to other survey team members
- Ensure that the independent nature of the survey is not compromised at any time.
Requirements: (Mandatory qualifications for this position)
- Education: Bachelors
- Years of related experience: 5-10 years
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Preferred Skills (Not Required): ( what qualifications would be helpful?)
- Professional experience within facilities management including safety programs, risk and/or quality control assessment and/or improvement, and knowledge of the Life Safety Cod
- Three or more years work experience in 2 nd and 3 rd party assessments/surveys/audits
- Prior experience with medical equipment/clinical engineering
- Work related experience in the healthcare industry
- Ethical, i.e. fair, truthful, sincere, honest and discreet
- Open-minded, i.e. willing to consider alternative ideas or points of view and drive change
- Diplomatic, i.e. tactful in dealing with people
- Collaborative, i.e. effectively and positively interacting with others
- Observant, i.e. actively aware of physical surroundings and activities
- Perceptive, i.e. instinctively aware of and able to understand situations
- Versatile, i.e. adjusts readily to different situations
- Tenacious, i.e. persistent, focused on achieving objectives
- Decisive, i.e. reaches timely conclusions based on logical reasoning and analysis
- Self-reliant, i.e. acts and functions independently while interacting effectively with others
- Professional, i.e. exhibiting a courteous, conscientious and generally business-like demeanour in the workplace;
- Morally courageous, i.e. willing to act responsibly and ethically even though these actions may not always be popular and may sometimes result in disagreement or confrontation;
- Organized, i.e. exhibiting effective time management, prioritization, planning, and efficiency
- Travel requirement (100%)
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is one of the world's leading certification bodies. We help businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment, and training services. Partnering with our customers, we build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust across all types of industries.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: