Job Title: Piping Foreman (Black Trades)
Ref No: 2018-10600
Location: Offshore - Aberdeen
Project: Ineos FPS
Duration: 5 months
WorleyParsons are recruiting a Piping Foreman (Black Trades) for 5 months.
Purpose / Role
* To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent Piping Supervisory construction service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures.
* To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
* To ensure all that all workscope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment
Key Aims and Objectives
* Supervision and co-ordination of pipefitters and materials
* To perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, procedures and specifications
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
* Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the piping/assembly workscope is completed safely and to a high standard.
* Complete all workscope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches
* Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
* Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete workscope in a controlled and safe manner.
* Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete workscope in a safe and controlled manner.
* Completion of probationary evaluations and assessments in accordance with WorleyParsons's competency assurance system, CDCA
Allied Occasional Duties
* Participate and contribute to WorleyParsons's Emergency Response procedure and process.
* Participate and contribute in WorleyParsons's nationalisation/personnel development programmes
Key Internal Interfaces
* Discipline Foremen and Chargehands
* Construction Superintendent
* SHEQ Advisor
Key External Interfaces
* Client personnel
* Sub-contract personnel
* Vendors and specialists
* BOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical
* 4-year apprenticeship or NVQ level 2 equivalent
* WorleyParsons mandatory training, induction, RA, etc.
* City and Guilds in plumbing, pipework fabrication and assembly or NVQ level 3 in associated trade
* Manual Handling
* Assessor/verifier qualifications
* ONC in an Engineering related subject
* TMJI10 & 11 (to be completed as post mobilisation on a 3-yearly refresher on a project specific basis)
* Demonstrable experience as a pipe fitter
* Demonstrable experience in a supervisory/foreman position in a piping role
* Demonstrable offshore experience as a piping foreman.
* Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with team members
* Demonstrable commitment to safety
* Flexibility, able to adapt and comply with Company/Client requirements.
* Ability to work with, interact with other disciplines
* Confident, ability to work on own initiative.
* Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
* Has a desire to learn and develop within the role
Competencies - Generic
* Ability to supervise work activities
* Ability to demonstrate a high level of understanding of HSE safe working practises, procedures and their implementation
* Ability to supervise efficient use of resources
* Ability to maintain record keeping systems
* Safe working - commitment to safe working practices ensuring that all work scopes are completed in a safe manner at all times.
* Ability to deliver quality "toolbox talks"
Competencies - Technical
* Ability to read/understand procedures/specifications/drawings/etc in particular those pertaining to the piping workscope.
* Ability to complete the certification requirements as applicable to the piping workscope.
Competencies - Project / Department Specific
To be completed by the Project prior to requisitioning