Purpose / Role
* To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent plating construction service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures.
* To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
* To ensure all that all workscope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment
Key Aims and Objectives
* To perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, procedures and specifications
* Prime responsibilities and duties
* Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the plating/structural workscope is completed safely and to a high standard.
* Complete all workscope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches
* Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
* Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete workscope in a controlled and safe manner.
* Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete workscope in a safe and controlled manner.
* Allied occasional duties
* Participate and contribute to WORLEYPARSONS' Emergency Response procedure and process.
* Participate and contribute in WORLEYPARSONS' nationalisation/personnel development programmes
Key Internal Interfaces
* Discipline Foremen and chargehands
* Construction Superintendent
* SHEQ Advisor
* 4 Year Apprenticeship or Level 2 NVQ equivalent
* City and Guilds (C&G) Steelwork / Shipbuilding Craft and / or NVQ Level 3 in related trade.
* BOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical
* WORLEYPARSONS' mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc
* Slinging & Lifting
* Manual Handling
* Demonstrable experience post plating apprenticeship/training coupled with current relative experience.
* Demonstrable offshore experience in a plating role
* General slinging and lifting experience.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with team members
* Demonstrate commitment to working safely at all times
* Flexible - able to comply with company and client requirements
* Ability to work with other team members/disciplines and in a multi-cultural environment
* Confident and with an ability to work unsupervised and work on own initiative
* Has a desire to learn and develop within the role.
Competencies - Generic
* Possesses a good standard in spoken and written English
* Possesses a good understanding of safe working practices and can demonstrate commitment to safe working at all times.
Competencies - Technical
* Can demonstrate a high standard in completion of tasks associated with the role of Plater as defined in associated job specification
* Can demonstrate the ability to read/understand and implement procedures/specifications/drawings/sketches/etc.
Competencies - Project / Department Specific
* To be completed by project prior to requisitioning