Our Transactions Advisory team advises financial institutions (infrastructure funds, private equity, investment banks etc.) and Oil & Gas / Utility companies on due diligence projects across buy side, sell side, and project finance deals. The team works closely with colleagues across DNV GL's advisory services leveraging on the organisation's broader technical expertise and global footprint. Due to the increase in the number of transactions in the Oil & Gas and Utilities sectors, we are expanding the size of our team and have a need to recruit an experienced Principal / Senior Principal Consultant in order to support the growth of our transactions advisory business.
We have an immediate need for a Principal / Senior Principal Consultant to join our team in London. The team has a focus on the Oil & Gas and Utilities (power, water) sectors and we are aiming for continued high growth in our services within those sectors.
The nature of our business means that staff work on a wide range of deal types and sectors. Transactions advisory is by nature highly challenging and fast-paced. Individuals are expected to be flexible and to work according to the needs of the business.
The key requirement for this senior role is a strong knowledge of upstream or midstream/downstream oil and gas operations/maintenance gained at an Operator. Experience of technical and commercial due diligence in the O&G and /or Utilities sectors would be an advantage.
As a Principal / Senior Principal Consultant, you are expected to play a key role in the development of all aspects of the Transactions Advisory group:
Project delivery: Leading large due diligence projects and ensuring the timely delivery of the projects to meet the high-quality requirements of our clients. You will also be able to manage multiple projects / priorities.
- Business development: Using your contacts base within the O&G community, you will contribute significantly to the business development activities of the group by building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients. You will also be required to lead development of proposals and client discussions.
- People Development: Mentoring team members and establishing plans to meet their specific development needs.
- Service development: Contributing to the continuous improvement in the delivery of transactions advisory services.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Experience
To succeed in this varied and demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
Strong technical / commercial academic background;
- Strong operational knowledge gained at an Operator (minimum of 10 years involved in an operational role)
- Experience of managing advisory or transaction related engagements within the O&G or Utilities sectors;
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions;
- Evidence of working successfully with top management teams (CEO, CFO, Managing Directors, Partners etc.) at clients;
- Ability to lead and operate in high performing, multi-disciplinary teams.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the technical advisor to the oil and gas industry. We bring a broader view to complex business and technology risks in global and local markets. Providing a neutral ground for industry cooperation, we create and share knowledge with our customers, setting standards for technology development and implementation. From project initiation to decommissioning, our independent experts enable companies to make the right choices for a safer, smarter and greener future.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: