Requisition ID: 60981
Provides process engineering expertise for assigned unit(s). Identifies long-term improvement opportunities to improve unit(s) profitability and optimize efficiency.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides troubleshooting and optimization assistance for Operations. Conducts daily performance monitoring including energy consumption, yields and “process unit health” performance indicators. Generates, analyzes, interprets, acts upon and disseminates these performance indicators and unit operations data for assigned units. Evaluates catalyst usage and performance.
- Identifies long-term improvement opportunities to improve unit(s) profitability and optimize efficiency. Conducts process operations analysis and economic evaluation using simulation software. Reviews findings with refinery management and secures approval to implement. Exercises judgment in equipment design and process development to compromise between process requirements, economics, operator effectiveness and environment/safety objectives.
- Provides technical input into development and implementation of operator training, operating manuals, Management of Change (MOC) development, hazard and operability reviews (HAZOPs) and piping and instrumentation diagram/drawing (P&ID) verification.
- Interfaces with refinery’s Commercial group to insure unit constraints and yields are accurately reflected in refinery’s linear programming model and disseminates individual unit’s economic values to Operations and refinery management.
- Must have physical ability to perform all essential job duties and work extended hours, including nights and weekends in process operations environment. Work may be conducted during periods of inclement weather. Must have physical ability to access all areas of the refinery including use of stairs and/or ladders to inspect critical process and mechanical equipment. Must be available to respond to upset conditions during off-hours.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in chemical engineering required.
- Minimum 3 years process engineering experience in petroleum refinery required.
**This position is part of an Engineering Technical Ladder with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications.**
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline™, Rebel™ and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 15 million barrels of storage capacity; two crude oil rail facilities; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Kenai || Alaska || United States (US) || SF:LI-LW1 || |Engineering || 99611 ||