Comply with UK Legislative, Regulatory and Company Safety requirements
a. Actively supports the Cardinal Rules, PSI and Life Saving Rules initiative.
b. Adhere to site policies, procedures, rules, IMPACT and site Management of Change Systems.
c. Recognise COMAH regulations and Process Safety implications.
d. Responsible for ensuring the completion / response to Hazard Recognitions, Incident Investigation Reports and supplementary investigations when necessary
e. Comply with communication of all safety-related issues
f. Collate, coordinate and participate in Accident and Investigations as required.
a. Supports the Process Engineering Manager in monitoring plant performance and facilitating improvements to the economic running of the operation. Maintains appropriate KPIs, including monitoring of plant utility budgets
b. Providing an immediate response to plant needs with regard to improving Process Safety aspects / Operating Integrity, ensure plant processing capabilities are maintained and drive efficient facility operation within allocated plant zones
c. Support FEL Process Engineers and Operations Managers in developing project scopes. Supports prioritization of projects within operations group
d. Develops and implements minor process modifications (for safety, plant processing capability, efficient operation reasons). Ensures modification process follows facilities Management of Change processes
e. Supports relief valve maintenance programme (categorization of relief valves, sizing of relief valves).
f. VRAs as required within operational area
g. Uses Technical consultancies / contractors as appropriate to manage and implement Technical Change.
h. Provides resource support to the Teesside Process Safety Engineer as required
i. Provide peer review of modifications. Support and Lead SIL / LOPA reviews.
j. Understand, develop and implement any relevant changes to legislations that may have an impact on the projects at Teesside.
k. Participate / lead in incident investigations and provide root cause analysis support.
l. Participate in global and functional network to ensure that best practices are shared and corporate standards and technology are implemented as needed
Ensure adherence to the departments financial and contract management strategy
a. Supports Supervisor in monitoring the contract value, ensuring that the work scope is effectively delivered and the scope is not expanded or changed unless the appropriate process is followed and approved.
b. Generates ideas for cost saving/efficiencies
Demonstrate leadership competencies
a. Leading Self - Takes Accountability of actions leading by example, following through on commitments and holding others accountable; Drives Performance managing situations and problems, to deliver results whilst balancing short-term and long-term priorities; Makes Decisions generating effective solutions in a timely, safe and ethical manner
b. Leading Others - Communicates Effectively to gain understanding, to influence and to drive performance to achieve business results; Partners Collaboratively to build strong relationships and trust and to collaborate across the organisation
c. Leading the Business - Thinks Strategically by understanding global, political and market trends and stakeholder needs and how they impact our business; Demonstrated Financial / Quantitative Acumen understanding how key financial data impacts the Company; Leads Change by encouraging innovative thinking and continuous improvement adapting resourcefully, flexibly and positively.
* Delegate for or provide assistance to the Process Engineering Team Leader when required.
* Actively participate in the Performance Management System
* Understand own responsibility in the OE framework system, and set direction for further improvements.
* Interact with internal and external business stakeholders as required.
* Coach, support and mentor team members / peers
* Active member of the Incident Management Team
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering - Essential
* Chartered Engineer status - Desirable
* Extensive Process Engineering experience in the oil & gas industry or other regulated industry - Essential
* Incident Investigation qualification (Taproot or RCA) or equivalent - Desirable
* Sound knowledge of process engineering principles and proven ability to apply them to real-world problems. - Essential
* Hold a Full UK driving licence and to drive company vehicles where appropriate - Essential
* Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills - Essential
* Ability to use Microsoft packages and SAP - Essential
* Good reporting, communication and workload management - Essential