Requisition ID: 61882
This position is located in Gallup, NM
Provides process engineering expertise for assigned unit(s) and/or projects. Identifies long-term improvement opportunities to improve unit(s) profitability and optimize efficiency. Performs process engineering activities in all project phases including feasibility/economic studies, conceptual design, identification and evaluation of alternatives, front-end design, detail engineering, construction and startup/commissioning.
- Applies process engineering principles and expertise during project development and in support of other refinery departments as needed. Produces process designs for projects on Capital Plan to improve safety, operation, maintenance, and profitability of refinery within department standards and environmental regulations.
- Provides troubleshooting and optimization assistance for Operations. Conducts daily performance monitoring including energy consumption, yields and “process unit health” performance indicators. Generates, analyzes, interprets, acts upon and disseminates these performance indicators and unit operations data for assigned units. Evaluates catalyst usage and performance.
- Identifies long-term improvement opportunities to improve unit(s) profitability and optimize efficiency. Conducts process operations analysis and economic evaluation using simulation software. Reviews findings with refinery management and secures approval to implement. Exercises judgment in equipment design and process development to ensure safety, environmental, economic and operability objectives are met.
- Performs process engineering activities in all project phases including feasibility/economic studies, conceptual design, identification and evaluation of alternatives, front-end design, detail engineering, construction and startup/commissioning.
- Participates in development and implementation of operator training, operating manual input, MOC development, HAZOP reviews and recommendation follow-up, P&ID review and verification.
- Interfaces with System Optimization to insure unit constraints and yields are accurately reflected in refinery’s linear programming model and disseminates individual unit’s economic values to Operations and refinery management.
- Works extended hours, including nights and weekends, in process operations environment and during periods of inclement weather. Accesses areas of refinery requiring use of stairs and/or ladders to inspect critical process and mechanical equipment including periods of inclement weather. Responds to upset conditions during off hours.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in chemical engineering required.
- Minimum 10 years process engineering experience in refining industry required.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-LW1 || |Refinery Operations || 78261 ||