DNV GL Energy's Sustainable Use group is seeking a Product Manager for software products and solutions used in managing energy efficiency and demand response programs. This position is based out of one of our major offices in the US: Oakland, CA; Katy, TX; Oak Brook, IL or Columbus, OH.
Tasks May Include
- Product Planning & Management
- Manage product line life cycle from strategic planning to delivery and ongoing maintenance
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Drive solution set across production teams: product leads, software engineering, energy engineering, marketing & communications
- Brings new products to market by analyzing customer needs and proposed product requirements; prepare return-on-investment analyses; establish time schedules with production teams
- Propose product pricing and positioning strategies
- Research & Analysis
- Research and analyze market conditions Identify key competitor and consumer trends
- Identify opportunities for product innovation and product enhancements
- Customer Focus
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Manage product-related support, feedback and inquiries from users
- Coordinate market research to track customer and end-user feedback
- Product Marketing & Communication
- Support sales and marketing with the necessary product knowledge and technical expertise
- Conduct product presentations
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Minimum 3 years of' experience in product management or as an associate product manager
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Strong technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deliverables, and remaining flexible
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and can translate complex concepts in a clear and concise way
- Presentation and training experience
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Positive, team-oriented attitude to match our friendly work environment
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Preferred Skills (Not Required):
- Experience applying agile management framework and working in Scrum and Kanban methodology
- Energy efficiency experience
- Market research
- Data visualization
- Big data product experience
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: