The Software Product Manager will manage the existing integrity management product portfolio as well as new offerings built upon the foundation of broader industry-leading solutions provided by DNV GL to the onshore/offshore pipeline operator and distribution utility market segments.
The Product Manager will have an in-depth understanding of the pipeline industry, competitive landscape and the market which is served by the products and will be responsible for assimilating this knowledge across the global Software business, and communicating it to senior management and the product development team.
Product Managers must have strong domain knowledge and a sound understanding of DNV GL software products in their portfolio. They will utilize this to develop product strategies and development plans to meet global and regional customer needs, market trends and maintain a competitive advantage.
They will work as part of a dedicated product management team and will collaborate closely with other product managers to ensure cohesive industry sector focused products.
The Product Manager must maintain a good working relationship with the relevant DNV GL service lines and business areas. Further, the Product Manager must maintain good working relationships with business development units and sales executives to identify product development needs. This position will be located in either our Mechanicsburg, PA or Katy, TX offices.
Tasks May Include
- The preparation and on-going management of 3-5year product roadmaps and establishing release schedules and product development priorities which are in line with the business and product line strategy.
- Responsible for external and internal product readiness, being a key resource for the sales department throughout the sales cycle. They are the product evangelist that drive the awareness and uptake of their product(s) in the global market and monitor market performance.
- Ownership of the scope and timeline for bringing new or updated product/module/functionality to the market. Lead the charge toward new methods of delivery of our products, into a more Web-based offering, utilizing Cloud computing capabilities, and moving to a "Software as a Service" model.
- Coordinating the on-going input of business leaders and product teams to collate current product market status, market positioning and future market requirements for the product and progressing these into the short-term development plans.
- Actively communicating with clients and the wider industry on the product's capabilities, future direction and actively canvassing their input to the product, including work on joint industry projects.
- Taking ownership of post-release product performance: Monitoring sales numbers and elevating any concerns or deviations against budgets or projections used to support the business plan. Working with the Support team, to track customer satisfaction levels and help address concerns.
- Monitoring product commercial performance, including the performance relative to the investment business case presented for new functionality and presenting this to senior management.
- Tracking market trends and anticipating market changes that could significantly impact the demand for the products or drive the need for extended capability. Communicating the product priorities and required timelines to the Development Managers and technical team members.
- Recommending end-of-life for poorly performing products (or modules) and managing the process.
- Leading the definition of Marketing requirements for existing and new products. Coordinating and compiling Sales and Marketing materials to be used across the software business.
- Provide product awareness campaigns (for example literature and webinars) within the Software business and to external clients to ensure full understanding of product capabilities and how it can benefit clients.
- Defining licensing structures that fit the business model and business culture of each region. Recommending license pricing, including regional variations where appropriate. This includes current model of software products, as well as future web and cloud based service offerings.
- Work with the wider DNV GL advisory business to establish cohesive software and advisory offerings.
- Being a champion for the products across the business and in the industry.
What We're Seeking
- Bachelor's degree in a software, computer science or engineering discipline.
- Strong Integrity and Risk Management Domain knowledge, specifically gas and/or liquid pipelines and/or distribution networks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to evangelize ideas and concepts and be a leader through influence
- 5 years of increasing experience in developing and managing software products, and managing a multi-year roadmap.
- Experience in Oil & Gas industry, specifically gas/liquid pipelines, transmission and distribution.
- Global travel, to provide pre-sales support, to attend and participate in company and external events to share information about the products, and to interact with current and prospective clients to gather intelligence for use in our product planning. Estimate 30% travel. If candidate is not co-located with the Development organization (Mechanicsburg PA USA), travel expectations would slightly increase.
- We conduct pre-employment background checks and drug screenings
- Experience in the wider operations management of pipelines or gas distribution networks
- Experience in product management of a cloud or web based offering (PaaS, SaaS).
- Volunteer leadership role in industry organizations / consortiums / etc.
- Experience of applying advanced data analytics
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world-leading provider of software for a safer, smarter and greener future in the energy, process and maritime industries. Our solutions support a variety of business critical activities including design and engineering, risk assessment, asset integrity and optimization, QHSE, and ship management. Our worldwide presence facilitates a strong customer focus and efficient sharing of industry best practice and standards.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: