DNV GL - Energy's Sustainable Energy Use - PDI group is seeking a Project Manager - Energy Efficiency to lead one of our largest utilities programs, delivering energy savings to small business in the Bay Area. The Project Manager will coordinate the efforts of internal and external team members, manage contractors and bring new contractors on board, work with customers, build creative strategies, exceed goals and maintain the highest level of client satisfaction. This position is based out of our Oakland, CA office.
Tasks May Include
- Program management working closely with utility client personnel to monitor program/project results including energy savings, quality assurance
- Build strategies for increasing energy efficiency among small business customers.
- Manage performance of several subcontractors
- Develop recommendations to improve the program as needed
- Managing to client expectations and building client relationships
- Budget management and tracking of performance against goals
- Identify client growth strategies and activities
- Presentations to a variety of stakeholders including utility clients, customers, community organizations, trade allies on energy efficient technologies and program incentives for these technologies
- Preparation of written reports
What We're Seeking
- Bachelor's Degree required in business, engineering or technical discipline preferred
- Minimum 3 years of program/project management experience required
- Minimum 3 years of sales, business development and/or client account management experience
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills as demonstrated by experience with presentations, papers or other public forums
- Strong report-writing skills
- Budget and data management experience
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- An energy industry background, or related field, with a solid knowledge of energy efficient technologies and practices is strongly preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 20% of the time
- Reliable transportation required
- Must be able to meet the requirements to drive for company business
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: