Please inclued a cover letter with your applicaiton.
The Project Manager, Wind Independent Engineering will be responsible for supporting the strong growth of DNV GL Independent Engineering consulting services worldwide. This position is responsible for providing technical consulting and producing independent engineering reports for Clients that are due diligence assessments of wind projects. DNV GL clients are often financial companies relying upon the report as part of their investment decision making process.
This position can be based in any of DNV GL US offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and concluding proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work.
- Initiating and coordinating the technical review process among internal specialists.
- Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model reviews.
- Coordinating input from technical specialists and writing of the due diligence reports.
- Following up on open issues with the Client, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary.
- Leading meetings with clients to discuss IE report questions and concerns.
- Coordinating construction monitoring by DNV GL, including performing audits.
- Supporting financial closing of projects relying upon the IE report and conclusion of project construction monitoring.
The DNV GL Project Manager will be responsible for performing various stages of project management on multiple projects and will be well versed in MS Office products. The position will be responsible for organizing the technical due diligence process for projects, communicating and resolving technical issues with Clients, and travelling to projects in all parts of the country to perform ongoing site inspections related to construction progress on infrastructure and wind equipment installation, including inspection of wind turbines up-tower. The position is responsible for addressing concerns and issues of the Client related to the project, placing a premium on the Client's time.
The position is required to understand technical concepts, including the finer details of such concepts as they relate to the Client's need to understand them, and issues from internal technical specialists so as to assist the Client in understanding complex technical issues in layman's terms. These include aspects of mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering. Detailed knowledge of, or ability to deduce, such technical details without technical specialist assistance is not necessary. However, successful candidate must be able to grasp such details and articulate them to lay persons relying upon DNV GL interpretation of such issues.
- Knowledge/experience with project management.
- Familiar with construction and supply contracts.
- Understanding of budgets and financial models.
- Able to establish and maintain good relations w/ clients.
- Solid technical background.
- Experience in heavy industry, wind industry experience preferred.
- Fluent in MS Office products.
- Capable of travelling to sites all around country and performing site visits (expected to be approximately 20% of annual time).
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of excellent/productive written skills for report preparation
- Proven HSE mindset and demonstrated behavior-based safety mentality
- 2 years or more of experience in wind industry.
- 2 years or more of work experience with project finance, e.g. loan draws, financial models, and CAPEX/OPEX.
- 2 years or more of experience in a technical consulting role.
- Experience with construction and operating contracts.
- Experience with or exposure to solar energy projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in engineering, business, or other relevant degree from accredited university;
- Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in heavy industry/construction/management plus one year experience in the wind industry; or
- Minimum of 2 years' experience performing technical or financial reviews within the wind industry
- Displaying high integrity and honesty - Clients rely on DNV GL's independence and its responsibility to perform a rigorous but fair review of a project
- Building relationships - The ability to gain and maintain the trust of developers and banks is critical to our success
- Powerful communication - The ability to take highly technical issues and communicate them in a manner that can be understood by non-technical clients
- Applying thinking skills - Identifying technical risks and formulating solutions or work-arounds that allow development and financing/investment to proceed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to sit for long periods of time; when working in office.
- Repetitive tasks, typing, sitting and interacting with computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) most of the day.
- Working in an indoor, environmentally controlled environment when in office.
- Able to climb wind turbines with appropriate gear (approximately 100 meters up a vertical ladder in all climate conditions).
- Walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction sites;
- Work in inclement weather conditions on occasion.
- Requires the willingness and availability to travel up to 20% of time for periods of a week or more at a time.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: