DNV GL - Energy Advisory Laboratory Services Group is seeking a full-time PV Test Technician to join our Component Testing Team, which is responsible for both performance characterizations and accelerated stress testing. This position is responsible for carrying out test procedures, logging data and transporting test samples safely around the facility. They should have a passion for the solar industry, must be able to take direction well, follow-through on assigned tasks, remain calm in high stress environments while multi-tasking, be self-motivated, resourceful, and able to work without direct supervision. This position is based at our lab in Berkeley, CA, with occasional travel to our facilities in South San Francisco, CA and Davis, CA.
Tasks May Include
- Install hardware, PV modules, inverters, and monitoring equipment
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Monitor tool operational status and ensure corrective actions are implemented to maximize uptime
- Perform voltage testing using appropriate procedures and PPE
- Under the guidance of the Operations Manager, maintain calibrations and calibration records of on-site reference devices
- Organize and maintain inventory of frequently used supplies
- Propose opportunities for preventive maintenance programs, repairs, spare parts, upgrades, or replacement of assets
- Other duties assigned, as needed
- At least 1 year of PV testing experience required
- Experience in PV Component performance and HALT testing preferred
- Familiarity with electrical plans and field layouts
- PV System site inspection experience
- Overall proficient knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Ability to use data acquisition systems
- LabVIEW tester software knowledge and ability to troubleshoot desired
- Strong health and safety mindset
- OSHA training preferred
- Driven individual that can take on work and drive to completion
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness and ability to work in a combination of indoor desk work, indoor laboratory work and outdoor field work
- Willingness and ability to lift 50lbs, climb ladders, and work on roof tops in varying temperatures
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
PV Test Technician
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: