DNV GL's Lab Services Team conducts high quality measurements to help renewable energy technology developers, users, investors, manufacturers, and regulators better understand the performance of their hardware. We are engineers, scientists, and project managers dedicated to the continued development and success of the energy storage industry. We are now seeking a Quality Manager for our Berkeley, CA facility.
- Maintain the Department's Quality System & Accreditation
- Develop, support & administer technician and operator training program.
- Continually monitor test result quality
- Support In-house calibration efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Maintain the Laboratory's Quality System
- Update, revise, and maintain the Laboratory's Quality Assurance Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, and other quality documents.
- Perform internal audits of the Laboratory, including both technical and quality systems audits.
- Perform and document corrective action in internal software, including follow-up monitoring to gauge the effectiveness of the corrective action.
- Maintain ISO 9001 & 17025 & 27001 Accreditation across all test facilities.
Develop, support & administer technician/operator training program
- Maintain the equipment certification & associated training for technicians and operators.
- adherence to procedure and test result fidelity.
- Continually audit team member capabilities for compliance.
Continually Monitor test result quality
- Review flagged quality issues and oversee any necessary corrective actions
- Continual spot checks on data fidelity at each test station
- Review and approval of data for external release.
Support calibration efforts.
- Working with calibration engineer, support the in-house calibration events
- Support external calibration process
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Materials Science required; Master's degree a plus
- At least 4 years of relevant quality management experience and physical and electrical testing. Experience in solar industry preferred.
- Comfortable leading projects from start to finish
- High attention to detail
- Comfortable with data processing, desk work, and hands-on lab work
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with AC power grid connected equipment such as inverters and transformers.
- Experience with DC power testing equipment & data acquisition.
- Familiarity with a host of standards including ISO 17025, UL 1741, IEEE 1547, IEC 61215, UL 1642, IEC 62133, UN 38.3, UL 1973, NFPA 70, UL9540, NFPA 855, FCC Part 15B, etc.
- Basic understanding of PV, inverter, & battery design, operation and function
- Experience with LabVIEW. MATLAB, VBA, R, CAN, and/or Modbus preferred.
Physical abilities necessary to perform regular functions of the job:
- Normal office and lab environments, occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching
- Occasional surface and air travel to other offices, and conferences (up to 15% annually, sometimes long distance)
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to meet deadlines and business needs
- Valid driver license required and acceptable driving record meeting company requirements; ability to rent a vehicle
- Ability to work in the U.S.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Be open to learning, creating and expanding the capabilities of the lab.
his is a U.S.-based opportunity. All candidates must be fully authorized to work in the United States.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: