This position will be located at our Singapore office. In addition to Singapore, our Asia Pacific energy and renewables advisory consulting practice has principal offices in Bangkok, Melbourne, Beijing, Shanghai and Bangalore.
The Renewable Energy Analysis Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of wind and solar energy assessment services to support due diligence for wind farms as well as residential, commercial, and utility scale PV systems. Typical duties may include:
- Analysis and development of meteorological files and assumptions for inclusion in modelling tools;
- Forecasting long-term resource using measure-correlate-predict methods and other regression models;
- Creation of software input files based on documented or review of experimental data;
- Development of annual and long term solar energy assessments, using various modelling tools;
- Development of uncertainty analyses using statistical and pragmatic approaches to determine probabilistic energy production forecasts;
- Analysis of energy production data from wind and solar projects, including comparison of operating vs. modelled data, downtime analyses, and various other comparative analyses using quantitative data analysis techniques;
- Review of test procedures and methods to collect data to evaluate the performance of projects;
- Review and provide comments on resource assessments and energy estimates provided by other consultants.
- Review the feasibility of sites for development which will include, feasibility studies, energy yield optimization, site meteorological conditions.
- Technical report writing;
- Interfacing with customers to discuss results and risk mitigation;
- Assist in the preparation of proposals including scope of services, schedule and budgeting;
- Assist in the preparation of technical papers or presentations;
- Project management.
- Bachelor of Science degree in solar/renewable energy, engineering, statistics, atmospheric science, mathematics, physics or other relevant discipline.
- Strong technical and organizational skills;
- Statistical analysis and database skills;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers;
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with diverse people - customers and co-workers;
- Flexibility and adaptability - issues and tasks may change quickly;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Experience in the following would be an advantage:
Experience utilizing PVsyst or other solar energy modeling tools;
- Experience utilizing WindFarmer, WAsP, WindPRO or other wind energy modeling tools;
- Experience utilizing R or Matlab (or similar) for statistical analysis and data regression;
- Experience in the Renewable Energy Industry;
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a similar data analysis position;
- Understanding of the characteristics of other measurement equipment of relevance to the wind and solar energy industries;
- Experience of developing proposals for work, including budgets, appropriate contractual terms, and undertaking negotiations on scope and price with customers;
- Fluency in Chinese, ability to write and compose clear and accurate reports in Chinese.
Normal office environment, regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching;
- Some domestic and international travel to other company office locations, site locations, customer offices and conferences;
- Occasional work outdoors including site visits, traveling by car up to six hours and walking on uneven terrain.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: