DNV GL - Energy group is seeking a Research Analyst to join our team of energy market research and evaluation professionals across the country. This group is dedicated to being our clients' trusted advisors on addressing how their business adapts to the changing energy market. We are focused on helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and clean energy policies and develop and implement successful program offerings.
This position is based out of our new Medford, MA office and is public transportation accessible.
Tasks May Include
- Working on project-based teams in the delivery of program evaluations, research studies, and other project work related to energy efficiency markets and programs
- Executing assignments with required quality and within the agreed schedule and budget
- Performing secondary research, including literature reviews, internet research, document review and database review
- Conducting primary research including survey design assistance, conducting interviews, and overseeing market research survey firms
- Extracting and merging data from multiple sources, assessing data quality, and identifying data gaps. Proposing solutions to address data gaps
- Performing qualitative and quantitative data analysis and summarizing results using Microsoft Excel, SAS and/or other statistical or programming packages such as R or Python. Typical types of analysis include survey data analysis, trend identification, market sizing, customer segmentation, and cost-effectiveness assessment
- Preparing client deliverables including memos, reports, and presentations
- Presenting analytical results to team members and eventually, to clients
- Operating with a teamwork mentality that leads to building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
What We're Seeking
- Master's degree in economics, environmental economics, statistics, engineering, public policy or related research discipline
- At least 1 year of demonstrated related research and analytics experience in a professional or academic setting (internships are valid)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel and willingness to become proficient in SAS and at least one other statistical or programming package such as R or Python
- Ability to extract data from different primary and secondary data sources and create meaningful analysis for internal and external clients
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; comfortable communicating with team members at all levels in the organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to different internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail in analysis, reporting, and communication
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with a positive, team-oriented attitude and professional demeanor
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new skills and approaches.
- Willingness to undertake new and challenging activities and think creatively to find a solution to a problem
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task while communicating in a clear and open manner with team members
- Builds and maintains strong personal and professional relationships
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 10% of the time within the United States
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
- Candidates are required to submit a cover letter with their application
Preferred Skills (Not Required)
- Experience with survey design, data collection and analysis
- Proficiency in at least one quantitative statistics/programming package like SPSS, SAS, R or Python. Experience with relational databases and managing large datasets
- Experience with energy efficiency, demand side management and/or demand response programs
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: