Purpose / Role
* To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent rigging / erection construction service in accordance with Project /Company requirements, standards and procedures.
* To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
* To ensure all that all work scope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment
Key Aims and Objectives
* To perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, procedures and specifications
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
* Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the rigging / erection work scope is completed, in compliance with LOLER regulations and to a high standard of safety.
* Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches
* Understanding of and development of lifting plans.
* Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
* Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner.
* Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner.
Allied Occasional Duties
* Participate and contribute to WorleyParsons' Emergency Response procedure and process.
* Participate and contribute in WorleyParsons' nationalisation/personnel development programmes
Key Internal Interfaces
* Discipline Foremen and chargehands
* Construction Superintendent
* SHEQ Advisor
Key External Interfaces
* Client personnel
* Sub-contract personnel
* Vendors and specialists
* Appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade
* BOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical
* Approved Rigging & Lifting course (OPITO Level 4)
* COSHH Awareness
* Loler Awareness
* LOLER planning & risk assessment (LOLER Appointed Person)
* Approved Slinging - Banksman course
* Demonstrable relevant experience in rigging & lifting operations.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with team members
* Demonstrate commitment to safety
* Flexible - able to comply with company and client requirements
* Ability to work with other disciplines
* Confident - ability to work on own initiative
* Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
* Has a desire to learn and develop within the role
Competencies - Generic
* Possesses a good standard in spoken and written English
* Possesses a good understanding of safe working practises and can demonstrate commitment to safe working at all times
Competencies - Technical
* Can demonstrate the ability to read/understand procedures/ specifications/drawings/etc in particular those pertaining to rigging & lifting operations.
* Can demonstrate a high standard in completion of tasks associated with the role of Rigger as defined in associated job specification.
Competencies - Project / Department Specific
* To be completed by the Project prior to requisitioning