Under the direction of the Senior Sales Engineer, the Sales Engineer will prepare sales quotes and manage client inquiries to develop sales opportunities for KEMA Laboratories Chalfont. This position is responsible for assuring the work is performed in accordance with all DNV GL and industry standards while meeting the DNV GL requirements for the customer. This position is located at our high voltage test lab in Chalfont, PA.
Tasks May Include
- Under the direction of the Senior Sales Engineer:
- Provide quotations to clients which meet their specific requirements
- Maintain client communications throughout the entire quotation process
- Close business and obtain signed Agreements from clients to meet KEMA Laboratories Chalfont financial plan requirements
- Maintain and expand existing client relations to develop new revenue opportunities for KEMA Laboratories Chalfont
- Coordinate development of quotations with Test Operations to assure estimates for time, materials and manpower are achievable
- Identify special client logistics requirements to Engineering & Maintenance as necessary
- Enter and maintain data in TIC Suite or other DNV GL management systems
- Assist in the development of new products and services to develop new revenue opportunities for KEMA Laboratories Chalfont
- Develop and maintain current working knowledge of applicable ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL and other standards for electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Assist in laboratory tours to clients as necessary
- Assist with development of sales and marketing materials
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Sales Engineer
This position requires an individual who can adapt to changing situations based on the quantity of work, the demands of customers and management. The position requires an individual who can devote the required amount of time to successfully accomplish the short and long term goals of the organization. The position is exempt from overtime, however evening work and weekend work is to be expected.
This position may require domestic and international travel to other DNV GL locations, conferences, trade and industry events, customer locations, etc.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in industrial environments (i.e. machinery) in outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately loud.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Power Engineering required
- Minimum of 1 year of sales experience within an electrical services company/contractor, powerplant, or other electrical design/manufacturing company
- Fundamental understanding of ANSI, IEEE, IEC, and/or UL standards preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 40% of the time, both domestic and international, for client site visits/presentations and conferences; periodic travel to our labs in Prague and Arnhem also required
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditioins apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: