Requisition ID: 63281
This position plays an integral role in addressing technical accounting matters to ensure compliance with US GAAP and to support the Company in executing and reporting complex transactions. The ideal candidate is proactive and versatile, with a desire to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform accounting research, develop positions for application of US GAAP, and prepare technical memos to support the Company's treatment of significant and complex transactions
- Complete assessments for appropriate accounting under new revenue and lease standards
- Perform reviews of contracts to identify and document complex accounting matters and disclosure impacts which also includes supporting Company’s new enterprise contract management process
- Participate in implementation efforts for new accounting pronouncements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the organization to facilitate compliance with US GAAP
- Support special projects, including acquisition-related activities of due-diligence, third-party valuations, and purchase accounting
- Support periodic evaluations for asset impairments, including goodwill
- Assist in the development of key accounting policies
- Prepare presentations for senior leadership
- Collaborate with Financial Reporting Group, Internal Audit, and Compliance to ensure compliance with financial reporting and controls
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of four years’ relevant experience, including two years of public accounting
- Energy industry or large manufacturing company experience is a plus
- SAP experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, with exposure to standards relating to business combinations, consolidations, leases, and revenue recognition
- Exposure to derivatives, hedging, and master limited partnerships a plus
- Superior analytical aptitude with the ability to identify, research and resolve complex issues
- Exceptional teamwork and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively execute multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-SP-1 || |Accounting & Finance || 78259 ||