The department Calibration & Measurement (C&M) is currently in transition.
Since the decision 2 years ago to focus the activities of C&M within Power TIC on the calibration needs of the High-Power Laboratory and the High-Voltage Laboratory the role of C&M has changed.
Given the policy to remain a Centre of Excellence for Calibration within Power TIC, it is important to invest in maintaining a HVE knowledge level. Therefore, due to retirement of a HVE colleague, there will be a vacancy to fulfil.
- Maintaining existing quality procedures;
- Justifying cross-checks, performing interlaboratory comparisons;
- Justifying and calculating measurement uncertainties (mathematics / statistics);
- Interpretation of RvA (Dutch Council for Accreditation) rules into technical perspective;
- Advising in case of rejected measuring instruments;
- Performing calibration tasks where needed;
- Source of information for calibration technicians;
- Supporting role in the field of measurement uncertainties for departments regarding HV (AC&DC) and EMC/HF;
- Staying up-to-date with developments in the calibration world (Technical Committee Electrical Measuring technology).
- Bachelor degree in Elecetrical Engineering or relevant;
- Work experience in this field - up to about 10 years or more;
Interest, knowledge and experience in the field of:
o Electrical measuring technology / calibration
o Developing and improving measuring methods
o Writing measuring / quality procedures
o Calculating and justifying measurement uncertainty (mathematics / statistics)
o Interpreting ISO 17025 accreditation and consulting with colleagues in a multidisciplinary environment
- Knowledge of relevant IT systems, e.g. LabVIEW and MATLab;
- Knowledge and/or interest in the field of HV (AC&DC) and EMC/HF;
- Advising in calibration questions (rejection, interpretations of specifications, applicability, traceability);
- Submitting new calibration developments;
- Ablility to work in a team;
- Knowledge of the Dutch and English languages as mandatory.
We offer a varied job in a dynamic and international environment. The job will be rewarded with a competitive salary and good secondary working conditions.
Please submit your CV in English.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: