Singapore has a goal of becoming a global clean technology hub by 2015. Supporting this ambition, DNV GL has during the past year partnered with key Singaporean agencies and institutions in order to establish the DNV GL Clean Technology Centre (CTC). The CTC joined the APAC DNV KEMA team in January 2013 with ambitious growth plans to establish DNV KEMA in South East Asia. Now the CTC is part of the DNV GL Energy Advisory team and will partner with customers to create joint technological and commercial solutions at the cutting edge, acting as a catalyst and bridge between the players in the clean tech space to build trust, credibility and transparency. DNV GL's global resources and experience will be used to create solutions suited for the Asian context.
As a Consultant in the area of Energy Advisory covering power system planning and operational excellence, you will be responsible for providing a variety of consultancy services for external clients, including smart asset management feasibility studies, owners engineer, due diligence, research, failure investigations, cable related advisory, and smart grid related advisory. Knowledge of SMART GRID technologies and experience in Smart Grid projects and related deployment of such technologies would be advantageous. You will also have responsibilities towards business development by establishing long-term customer relationships, keeping abreast with industry needs and trends, as well as participate in industry events to ensure that DNV GL's service offerings are well-known and well-respected in the Power industry.
- A Masters Degree in one or more of the following subjects: MA, MS, MBA (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar).
- More than 5 years relevant industry experience with experience in the planning, design and/or operations of electric utility transmission and distribution systems.
- Passionate about Power System energy and have a strong and recognized track record of thought leadership in this area.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the value chains, value drivers and technological challenges and solutions in the Power System industry, earned through extensive experiences with shipping organisations and stakeholders.
- Experience in Asset Management of power systems, transmission and distribution assets will be key to the role and responsibilities.
- Involvement with Smart Grid projects or deployment of Smart grid technologies e.g., SCADA and AMI would be advantageous.
- You have the drive to achieve superior results through teamwork and individual performance. You are also valued for your communication skills and high level of integrity.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of transmission and distribution planning processes and tools, including power flow, transient stability and short circuit analyses.
- Working knowledge of utility transmission and distribution system control and protection practices.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports.
- Extensive professional network in the electric utility and/or power development communities, and ability to leverage same to develop new business for DNV GL.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Working experience with PSS/E, PSLF, PowerWorld Simulator, Synergee and ASPEN OneLiner or similar power system analysis tools.
- Working knowledge of grid interface power electronics.
- Modelling and simulation of drives and converters via EMTP derivatives (e.g., PSCAD or PSIM).
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: