The Business Unit Oil &Gas Germany of the DNV GL Group has more than 80 employees at the location in Hamburg (Germany) and offers a wide service portfolio along the entire oil and gas value chain. The section Risk Management Advisory covers, among others, consulting and trainings in the following service areas:
Process Hazard Analysis (HAZID, HAZOP, FME( C)A, FTA, ETA etc.),
- Implementation and auditing of safety management systems
- Functional Safety
- Reliability analysis
- Incident investigation
As a competent project partner we support our clients through the whole project lifetime from feasibility studies over the design and the operation of plants to the decommissioning. Our client portfolio ranges from design companies to operators for Oil and Gas upstream plants, storage facilities and refineries as well as chemical processing plants (whole downstream sector). Services for Reliability and Incident Investigations are also provided to other industries.
The section Risk Management Advisory works closely together with other disciplines in Hamburg as well as the worldwide network of DNV GLs risk consultants. The wide range of tasks offers several inter disciplinary activities, technical challenges and good development opportunities for an open and flexible engineer/consultant that likes to work in a wide range of technical fields and has already a profound knowledge of one or more of our service areas.
The job covers an in-depth team working and following responsibilities:
Management and processing of our key clients in the field of risk management
- Technical support in the area of new client development and during the setup of proposals
- Set up and implementation of solutions for technical and organizational challenges of our clients
- Support of our clients through method expertise in process and plant safety
- Safety studies and risk management projects during design and operation of plants
- Trainings, Workshops, Audits, Desktop work
- University degree in a relevant discipline (Master degree, Ph.D. or similar) with knowledge in one or more of the relevant service areas
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in the field of risk management or similar
- Additional qualifications in the industry area are of benefit (Asset integrity management, risk management, FS Engineer or similar)
- Flexibility for consulting work that can include a high amount of time working in client offices (50-70%)
- Motivated working attitude, client focus and the ability to present and sell our services and develop them further
- Excellent analytical capabilities
- Strong logical mindset and problem solving attitude
- Self-responsible & driven working character
- Systematic, logic and goal oriented way of working
- High commitment to the company and to the purpose, vision and values of DNV GL as well as to the quality of the own work
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in German required incl. understanding of legal and commercial terms
- Fluency in English incl. technical terms
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the leading technical advisor to the global oil and gas industry. We enable safe, reliable and enhanced performance in projects and operations.
We provide consistent, integrated services within technical and marine assurance and advisory, risk management advisory and offshore classification. Together with our partners, we drive the industry forwards by developing best practices and standards.
Our people combine industry expertise, multi-disciplinary skills and innovation to solve complex challenges for our customers.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: