DNV GL's Energy Advisory Area is seeking a Senior Consultant. The Senior Consultant position will be located in our Dallas, Texas office.
Tasks May Include
- Performing reliability and economic transmission expansion planning and development studies
- Identifying unique transmission solutions for reliability and/or economic constraints in various planning regions such as MISO, PJM, SPP, ERCOT, CAISO and NYISO
- Serving as a subject matter expert in all aspects of economic planning
- Managing clients in terms of projects, reports, presentations and deliverables
What We're Seeking
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering preferred with emphasis on Power Systems
- At least six (6) years of relevant transmission planning, economic analysis and power market analysis experience, preferably in a utility, power trading, renewable energy company or consulting setting.
- At least three (3) years of experience in detailed economic modeling pertaining to transmission congestion studies, transmission expansion analyses and Locational Marginal Price (LMP) analyses on large ISO/RTO centric power system networks
- In-depth knowledge of RTO/ISO markets and planning practices
- Thorough understanding of production cost calculation, Net Present Value (NPV) and long-term cost-benefit methodologies associated with transmission investment decisions associated with various ISO regional and interregional planning processes
- Working experience in modeling and simulation of congestion/curtailment studies for renewable energy projects across various ISO/RTO regions
- Knowledge and in-depth understanding of Financial Transmission Right (FTR), Congestion Revenue Rights (CRR) and similar financial hedging instruments in various energy markets is preferred (though not a must) for this position.
- Expertise in economic modeling using PROMOD IV is a must for this position. Candidates with strong UPLAN and/or PLEXOS experience may be considered.
- Expertise in power system analysis software packages PSS/E and Powerworld Simulator is strongly preferred for this position.
- Working knowledge of databases including MS Access, MySQL, SQL Server strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of automation scripts such as VB, VB.net and Python for development of automation modules is preferred for this position.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Proven QHSE mindset
- Willingness and ability to pass a background investigation and drug test
- We conduct Pre-employment background check and drug screenings
- Transmission planning experience in ERCOT would be preferred although it is not a requirement for this position
- Working knowledge of automation scripts such as VB, VB.net and python for development of automation modules for power system analysis is preferred for this position.
Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.