Senior Electrical Technician
This position is responsible for performing routine and corrective maintenance on electrical and electromechanical equipment at the KEMA Laboratories Chalfont facility campus. Additionally this position is responsible for executing set up and disassembly of customer equipment under test. This position is responsible for assuring that all work activities are performed in a safe, efficient manner and in accordance with all DNV GL and industry standards while meeting the DNV GL requirements for the Customer.
Tasks May Include
- Under the direction of Senior Test Engineer, Test Engineer or Test Operator:
- Determine what test fixtures, appurtenances, auxiliary equipment, etc. will be required for assigned tests based on expected current and voltage levels, Customer requirements and Test Cell and facility status
- Safely set up test fixtures, appurtenances, auxiliary equipment, etc. required for assigned tests based on expected current and voltage levels, Customer requirements and Test Cell and facility status
- Lead troubleshooting and correction of any facility or equipment malfunctions, failures, sub-optimal performance, etc. to safely and effectively complete the test evolution
- Safely set up auxiliary devices such as travel recorders high speed/digital video and various other devices necessary to capture required test data
- Correctly provide auxiliary power to the Customers' equipment based on the test plans
- Assist the Senior Test Engineer and Test Engineer in preparing for the test including review of drawings, Test Plans and test sequence
- Provide ongoing feedback to the Senior Test Engineer and Test Engineer during the execution of the test
- At the conclusion of the test sequence safely remove all test fixtures, appurtenances, auxiliary equipment, etc. and restore the test cell and facility to pre-test status
- Take corrective actions as necessary based on the results of the above
- Under the direction of the Head of Section Maintenance & Operations Support:
- Safely and effectively execute assigned preventive and corrective maintenance Work Order tasks
- Identify opportunities for improving equipment and facility performance and make recommendations to the Head of Department Maintenance and Asset Management and Head of Section Operations Support
- Lead troubleshooting and corrections of any facility or equipment malfunctions, failures, sub-optimal performance, etc.
- Identify and take appropriate action to identify root cause and recommend long term corrective action to permanently and effectively resolve the issue
- Safely and effectively operate cranes, hoists, man lifts, fork lifts and other motorized equipment
- Support Generator operations as necessary
- Support Logistics operations as necessary
- Assist the Senior Test Engineers, Test Engineers, Technicians and other support personnel as Operating Conditions require
- Perform the duties of Technicians as operating conditions require
- Maintain current working knowledge of applicable procedures, vendor manuals, original equipment manufacturer instructions, etc. for electrical/mechanical equipment throughout the KEMA Laboratories Chalfont facility campus
- Working knowledge of electrical diagnostic instrumentation and maintenance tools and equipment
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Section Operations Support
- Act on behalf of the Head of Section Operations Support in his/her absence
- Associate's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Electronics Engineering (or other industry-relevant training) required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in high voltage, utility scale electrical/mechanical equipment maintenance required
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical technical drawings
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical technical specifications, data sheets, etc.
- Knowledge of maintenance means and methods for electrical/mechanical equipment
- Willingness and ability to frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds
- Willingness and ability to respond to emergency callout situations and be on site within 1 hour of being notified
- Willingness and ability to work 2nd or 3rd shift as necessary
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
This position requires an individual who can adapt to changing situations based on the quantity of work, the demands of customers and management. The position requires an individual who can devote the required amount of time to successfully accomplish the short and long term goals of the organization.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves a great deal of standing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works in high places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment can be moderately loud.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: