DNV GL - Energy's Sustainable Energy Use Program Design and Implementation group is seeking a Senior Engineer to join our Business Services team, which provides support to our energy efficiency implementation programs across the United States. This position will work in support of AEP Ohio sponsored programs that encourage energy efficiency in commercial, industrial, schools and government buildings. This position is based out of our Columbus, Ohio office.
Tasks May Include
- Conduct on-site energy assessments and analyze the energy performance of commercial and industrial facilities to determine cost-effective energy efficiency upgrades. Interact as engineering expert with facility engineers / building managers to motivate them to implement energy efficiency upgrades.
- Perform customer focused, site-specific engineering analysis and evaluation of energy efficiency opportunities in complex facilities involving industrial process equipment, such as pumps, fans and compressed air systems, complex central plant systems and advanced HVAC equipment.
- Review and verify technical merits and risks of business customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications inspections to verify the installation of energy efficient equipment.
- Creates a platform for PDI engineers for learning and networking
- Provide guidance to our engineering implementation teams on engineering requirements and topics such as how to conduct energy and demand assessments of buildings and processes
- Contribute to business development efforts as an engineering subject matter expert and foster the development of new technical market opportunities as both an internal and external thought leader.
- Lead customer, innovation and service development processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required, emphasis on energy and/or energy experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of related professional work experience
- Advanced knowledge of lighting standards, energy codes and standards (IECC, ASHRAE, etc.), energy efficiency emerging technologies and controls
- Professional knowledge of energy market and industry standards, trends, and technologies
- Advanced knowledge of local and national energy incentives programs
- Experience with end-use metering instrumentation
- Experience with energy auditing ASHRAE levels 1, 2 and 3
- Familiar with Microsoft office suite; with advanced skills in Excel
- Independently perform site-specific engineering analysis and evaluation of complex energy efficiency projects
- Independently perform building energy use analysis and simulations. Familiar with tools such as eQuest, Trane Trace and HAP
- Ability to perform, review and verify energy savings calculations analysis and evaluation of complex energy efficiency projects
- Familiarity and experience with ISO 50001
- Complete technical and financial analysis for complex projects
- Experience mentoring and training a team of junior engineer
- Excellent written and oral English communication and presentation skills to support business development opportunities by providing technical subject matter expertise on proposals, business reviews, product development, and other client-facing deliverables
- Must be able to meet the requirements to drive for company business
- Reliable transportation required
- Position will require field work including walking, bending, lifting, reaching and some light climbing
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Preferred Skills (Not Required)
- Master's degree in Engineering is desirable.
- PE license or CEM certification is a plus
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: