Brief Team and Position Summary :
DNV GL's Energy Advisory Area is seeking a Senior Engineer. The Senior Engineer position will be located in our Dallas, Texas office.
Tasks May Include: (Essential roles, responsibilities and activities a candidate may expect)
- Performing distribution planning analyses on client systems including:
- Power flow or radial voltage drop calculations;
- Thermal capacity assessments;
- Short circuit and / or protection coordination evaluations;
- Harmonic and / or power quality assessments
- Cable ampacity, sag / tension or other design based evaluations
- Preparation of conceptual designs, cost estimates, documentation and other client communications regarding specific analyses;
- Provide written reports, analytical data analysis, presentations or other client communications detailing the results / outputs of distribution or transmission planning analyses
- Manage utility clients in terms of projects, reports, presentations and deliverables
Requirements: (Mandatory qualifications for this position)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus on power systems
- At least five (5) years of experience in modeling, analysis and planning/protection of distribution and transmission networks with specific expertise in traditional distribution planning, preferably within a utility environment or consulting environment
- Familiarity with distribution planning software and the attendant data inputs, analysis requirements and output interpretation;
- Preferred distribution platforms include, but are not limited to Synergi, Cyme (or CymeDist), Milsoft Windmil;
- Knowledge of distribution equipment, design and operation practices, equipment costs, operational costs, reliability and power quality indices and standards;
- Familiarity with applicable NESC, NEC and NFPA standards;
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Preferred Skills (Not Required):
- Experience and/or expertise in direct distribution or transmission system monitoring;
- Familiarity with relay or OCPD protective settings
- Programming experience in Python, Lua or VBA is highly desirable;
- Familiarity with communications protocols for distribution and transmission related equipment (i.e. DNP3, Mirrored Bits, etc.), and a working knowledge of how these are implemented in a utility environment;
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: