Key Purpose of the role
The role will involve working as part of the Asia Pacific Civil Engineering team.
In this role you will be required to undertake:
- specialist foundation analysis and design reviews;
- provide general civil engineering expertise; and general tasks;
as part of Independent and/or Owners Engineer (OE) teams throughout the development, procurement and construction phases of a renewable energy project's development.
1. Provide Civil Engineering expertise to the team including:
- Detailed foundation design review including dynamic structural design
- Technical review of civil financial / commercial information
- QA Monitoring of Civil Works during Construction
- Conceptual wind farm design - foundations, access tracks, hard standings, drainage etc
- Specification of Civil Works
- Specifying and managing Site Investigations and topography
- Interpretation of geotechnical reports
- Oversee drafting detailed design drawings
- Transport/Access studies
2. Work with the PE team to promote and deliver Civil Engineering Services
3. Undertake Civil design review work
4. Liaise with the Global Civil Engineer Group on latest technical issues.
5. Support DNV GL's procurement services - tender review
6. Perform technical due diligence of civil specifications
7. Liaise with a wide range of clients from wind farm developers to financial institutions
8. Liaise with industry suppliers, manage bidding processes and provide critical bid assessment
9. Work on multiple projects, managing own time to meet deadlines
10. Manage the complete project lifecycle
11. Support the continuous improvement of the civil quality documentation
12. Represent DNV GL in seminar, workshop and important forum
13. Publication of research papers in important Journals and magazine
14. Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- An appropriate degree/higher degree in Civil/Geotechnical/Structural Engineering from reputed institutes.
- More than 5 years of significant practical commercial experience undertaking civil project engineering
- Geotechnical expertise - specification, management and review and interpretation
- Appreciation of civil engineering content of a modern windfarm
- Familiarity with local regulations and design codes
- Preferably familiarity with DNV Riso 2 nd Edition Guidelines for Design of Wind Turbines, relevant international codes and procedures/processes
- Capable of working independently
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Adaptability, and able to cope with a wide variety of tasks.
- Familiar with working to international standards
- Vision to develop and expand business in India and Asia Pacific region as a whole
- Good IT skills, and experience using MS Office suite packages and AutoCAD or Microstation
- Ideally experience in the design and analysis of wind turbine foundations
- Experience with gravity pad and rock anchor foundation design and analysis;
- Experience in the dynamic structural design and analysis (i.e. bridges)
- Capable of working as part of a global team
- Ideally experience of coordinating transport/access studies
- Health and Safety training
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: