Requisition ID: 63504
This professional staff position is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal environmental regulations, permits, and approvals. The position will be responsible for multiple monitoring programs; reporting to appropriate agencies; obtaining various environmental permits and approvals; preparing training and compliance procedures. The position requires interfacing with Operations, Maintenance, Project Engineering, regulatory agencies and the public.
- Provide support to the Environmental Team in developing, executing and maintaining site compliance with air permits and selected regulatory program requirements.
- Provide guidance and interpretation of environmental regulations to refining personnel.
- Prepare RFE's for environmental projects and supervises/coordinates those projects as necessary to meet company and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in designing and conducting continuing environmental monitoring programs and maintaining necessary records and logs as needed to ensure compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
- Support reporting and recordkeeping as required by company policy, environmental regulations, and environmental air permits.
- Track key compliance metrics and implement systems to improve performance.
- Develop and maintain environmental management systems to comply with air permits and regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of refinery operations, pollution control equipment and emissions measurement technology.
- Identify training required for air permitting/compliance and assist with implementing training to operations, technical, maintenance, management, and other facility staff.
- Possess demonstrable written and verbal communication skills and ability to forge consensus among stakeholders with divergent interests. Must be articulate and customer-focused.
- Share rotating 24-7 on-call responsibilities with other team members
- Minimum undergraduate degree in chemical engineering or environmental engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years’ environmental engineering experience in petrochemical industry required.
- Experience with CEMS data acquisition systems a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal communication skill to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and arrive at mutually acceptable decisions.
- Ability to interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations as they relate to refinery operations.
- Ability to manage complex problems and develop practical solutions.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Anacortes || Washington || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Refinery Operations || 98221 ||