Requisition ID: 59841
Works independently with key business partners to understand processes, financial statement risks, and key financial controls in accordance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act. Works on re-designing existing and implementing new SOX controls during an ongoing SAP system upgrade project. Recommends changes to the existing financial controls to address control gaps, works with the business to develop remediation plans, and for provides control improvement recommendations designed to increase productivity while ensuring coverage of risks. The position will work on financial controls for various process areas throughout the business.
- Supports Management’s 404 SOX Certification related to Internal Control over Financial Reporting.
- Supports design and implementation of an updated version of SAP by re-designing existing SOX controls and designing and implementing new controls, with a focus on automating and integrating internal controls.
- Gathers and reviews existing policies, narratives, and flowcharts to develop an understanding of the business processes underlying key financial statement risks and the existing SOX controls.
- Independently collaborates with control and process owners on ongoing design of internal controls, identifies control gaps and proposes control re-design and/or new controls to address gaps.
- Provides recommendations for control process improvements that will increase efficiency with adequate coverage of risks.
- Develops and recommends remediation plans and works with business partners to resolve deficiencies through process changes, improvements, automation, or the addition of new processes.
- Supports integration of newly acquired businesses by helping to develop and implement controls to achieve SOX compliance.
- Partners with external and internal auditors to address control matters during the testing process for assigned controls.
- Updates risk and control matrices for control changes and proposes edits to existing narratives and flowcharts as appropriate.
- Compiles and monitors the company's quarterly 302 SOX Survey and Control Confirmation process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business or related discipline.
- CPA and/or CIA designation or CPA/CIA candidate preferred, but other relevant designations will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years in auditing, general accounting or equivalent public accounting experience required.
- Knowledge of internal controls and their application in a public corporation is preferred.
- Experience with MS Excel (formatting, advanced filtering, macros, pivot tables and functions such as randbetween, vlookup, concatenate, if).
- Experience with SAP (or other enterprise system) or refining and marketing systems (e.g. inventory systems and terminal accounting systems) preferred. System upgrade experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively with team throughout the organization.
- Ability to think critically and grasp new concepts quickly.
- Ability to influence change.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-SP-1; SF:LI-YCP-1 || |Accounting & Finance || 78259 ||