DNVGL is looking for a Senior ILI Subject Matter Expert (Specialist) for our Columbus, Ohio office.
In this role, you will work for the Integrity Solutions group on pipeline integrity projects.
Tasks May Include:
- Working effectively and efficiently within a group of engineers (~20), consultants (1), and data verification specialists (2)
- Reviewing and interpreting unique and challenging raw ILI signal data
- Interpretation of ILI MFL and other types of ILI data sets
- Integration and comparison of successive ILI data sets
- Evaluate unity plots from verification digs and repairs on lines after pigging is complete
- Lead continuous improvement efforts of internal processes and procedures related to ILI
- Documenting analyses and processes and procedures in a technical format to clearly deliver results and the implications of those results to the pipeline operator.
- Interact with other team members and clients in a manner that is professional and promotes collaboration
- Writing of technical papers or presentations of innovative work or projects
- Attending technical seminars to increase understanding of the pipeline industry and new technologies as well as to develop projects
- Managing ILI-related projects (and teams)
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent (College degree preferred)
- 5 years' experience in analysis of ILI MFL data sets (preferably ASNT Level 3 certified)
- Working knowledge of ILI data viewing software from multiple vendors
- Technical competencies:
- Microsoft Excel and Word, strong technical writing skills, problem solving, critical thinking,
- Experienced in MFL and ultrasonic raw ILI signal interpretation
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to do ILI raw data signal comparisons
- Ability to view and technically verify ILI reports
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- ILI CMFL, UTCD and UTWT experience
- College degree (science or engineering preferred)
- Understanding of regulations requiring ILI on gas and liquids pipelines
- Ability to train, mentor, and lead Level 1 and 2 analysts
- Quick learner
- Strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills
- Aptitude for dealing with delays and unexpected difficulties
- Strong attention to detail, internally driven/motivated, hard working, strong social skills, professional presence, often takes the initiative independent of direct instruction
- Ability to work on a team effectively and efficiently, but also be able to be effective when working individually.
- Ability to handle fast pace, high demand environments
- Travel requirement (% of the year): at least 25% ( mostly domestic)
- Physical abilities necessary to perform regular functions of the job (standing, lifting, climbing, other): none
Opportunities Beyond Business
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work toward our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the technical advisor to the oil and gas industry. We bring a broader view to complex business and technology risks in global and local markets. Providing a neutral ground for industry cooperation, we create and share knowledge with our customers, setting standards for technology development and implementation. From project initiation to decommissioning, our independent experts enable companies to make the right choices for a safer, smarter and greener future.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: