Requisition ID: 66501
Provides instrumentation engineering support to ensure safe, compliant, reliable and efficient operation of refinery assets. Serves as refinery’s technical expert on instrumentation and related systems.
- Provides instrumentation engineering support. Provides specifications and installation guidelines for instruments and instrumentation systems ensuring compliance with established engineering standards. Performs primary and end element sizing, selection, and specification of field instrumentation including control valve sizing, pressure and temperature indication vibration analysis, orifice calculations, etc. Provides input into P&ID (piping and instrumentation diagrams) to reflect field changes.
- Troubleshoots instrumentation systems. Collaborates with Maintenance on assessment, design and implementation of preventive and predictive maintenance programs and reliability improvement programs for instrumentation. Supervises loop checks prior to commissioning.
- Serves as refinery’s technical authority on instrumentation in gated Front-End Loading process for capital projects. Conducts technical reviews of vendor/contractor instrumentation design to ensure compliance with project specifications and applicable standards and codes. Provides input into work scope development. Prepares cost and resource estimates. Evaluates bids. Performs cost/benefits analysis for technical solutions. Provides technical specifications to Procurement for sourcing/requisition activities. Serves as project engineer responsible for scope, schedule, and cost on small to medium sized instrumentation projects. Responsible for contractor selection and oversight of field execution for projects assigned.
- Mentors instrumentation and electrical technicians in technologies and work practices. Provides instrumentation training to refinery personnel. Documents and maintains reliability databases for instrumentation assets.
- May work extended hours including nights and weekends, in process operations environment and during periods of inclement weather. Accesses areas of refinery requiring use of stairs and/or ladders to inspect critical process equipment. Responds to upset conditions during off-hours.
Experience and EDUCATION
- Minimum undergraduate degree in engineering required. Electrical Engineer strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ instrumentation engineering experience in a refinery, chemical plant, or similar industry typically required.
**This position is part of an Engineering Technical Ladder with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications.**
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline™, Rebel™ and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 15 million barrels of storage capacity; two crude oil rail facilities; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
EOE: Race / Sex / Veteran / Disability
Posting Notes: || Kenai || Alaska || United States (US) || SF:LI-RS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 99611 ||