Global provider of subsea production control systems expertise to the Oil & Gas industry, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior manager to lead their Controls software team, to be based in Reading.
Our Reading Technology hub is responsible for project execution and delivery of Subsea controls systems. In that capacity our team of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and system engineers provide FEED and detail engineering into Front End and Projects, support to our manufacturing facilities, the provision of diagnostic and fault analysis and front line global support for the controls product portfolio.
Reporting to the Vice President Application Engineering, key responsibilities for the role will include;
- Leadership of software engineering from Tender through initial Engineering, manufacture and to product delivery.
- Take responsibility for all software application engineering activities in the Products UK delivery centre
- Be the point person accountable for addressing key issues regarding quality, budget and on time delivery of application engineering scopes of work to key stakeholders
- Allocate & manage resources to meet the demands of the business.
- Capacity planning and recruitment for the team.
- Carry out subordinate appraisals and ensure development plans in place.
- Ensure succession plans are in place for all key staff.
- Provide guidance, coaching & mentoring to all Engineers.
- Provide application engineering support and direction to other Delivery Centres, as required
Suitable candidates should have the following qualifications, experience and attributes;
- Degree in Electronic, Controls or Software Engineering
- Demonstrable, relevant Controls System & Product experience
- A proven track record in the development, delivery and support of Controls equipment in Subsea Production Systems
- Demonstrable relevant Systems or Project Engineering experience preferably within the Oil and Gas industry
- Ability to Communicate well, lead, motivate and develop our people.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.