Requisition ID: 61943
Leads development, implementation and maintenance of enterprise strategy for occupational safety including management systems standards, and programs to identify and reduce or eliminate hazards. Provides technical expertise and support on occupational safety issues including regulations, control methods and best practices. Leads the development and implementation of measurement systems and analytics that drive continuous improvement in occupational safety across the enterprise. Supports field occupational safety resources with mentoring, guidance and feedback.
- Develops, implements and maintains enterprise strategy for occupational safety including management systems, standards and programs to identify and reduce or eliminate hazards. Ensures conformance with governmental regulations and industry standards. Areas of focus include, but not limited to: safe work permitting, personal protective equipment (PPE), trenching and excavation, confined space entry, lockout/tagout (LOTO), machine guarding, and fall protection.
- Develops, implements and maintains standardized methodologies, tools and technologies to assist and support sites with identification and risk evaluation of hazard exposures and implementation of appropriate control strategies.
- Manages enterprise employee safety engagement programs to foster strong safety culture and integration adoption of occupational safety programs and practices. Leads the development and implementation of Human Reliability processes that reduce errors and improve safety performance.
- Implements and maintains occupational safety compliance and assurance program to effectively monitor, measure and assess safety performance and conformance with regulatory requirements, occupational safety standards and programs. Leads site audits and inspections. Communicates findings and uses analyses to design and implement continuous improvement strategies.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to enterprise on key incident and near miss investigations.
- Leads company’s health and safety network.
- Serves as technical resource to enterprise on best practices, industry standards, regulatory research, assessment and interpretation. Stays abreast of regulatory changes through close working relationships with Public Affairs and industry bodies. Coordinates impact analysis and informs relevant internal constituents.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in safety, engineering or related discipline required .
- Safety certification such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Minimum 15 years’ occupational/industrial safety-related experience in heavy industry required.
- Experience in downstream energy industries preferred.
- Knowledge of regulations governing occupational safety.
- Able to identify trends from incident/accident/near miss data.
- Able to effectively audit safety compliance and identify recommended improvements.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Refinery Operations || 78259 ||