DNV GL is looking to recruit a wind energy due diligence engineer as part of an ongoing increase in capacity to meet the market needs. The role is technical in nature and would suit someone looking for a commercial and customer facing role.
The role will involve providing technical consulting services throughout the development, procurement, construction and operation phases of renewable energy projects, including technical due diligence to investors and lenders as well as lenders and owners engineering support.
While currently the role would be focussed on the onshore wind market, there will be opportunity to be involved in both offshore wind and solar.
The engineer will work within the Commercial Onshore team to promote and deliver DNV GL's Services, principally to Investors and Lenders, but also dealing with developers and owners.
As an engineer in this team the individual will be expected to:
Work on due diligence projects, including reviewing of documentation relating to wind conditions, turbine suitability, ground conditions, planning and construction.
- Contract review work including review of clauses, technical specification and the allocation of risk to relevant parties.
- Be involved with contract negotiation alongside the customer's legal team.
- Review the financial model for projects including revenue assumptions, capital costs and operations costs.
- After an initial period of learning, progress to managing due diligence projects.
- Support the continuous improvement of the business through the development of tools and processes.
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management.
The project work is often fast paced with tight timeframes. The candidate must be willing to work with complex tasks under such deadline pressure, and be comfortable in managing workflow to deliver work on time (working with line manager and other team members to allocate work effectively).
Experience in the renewables industry in a technical consulting capacity.
- An appropriate degree/higher degree in an engineering subject.
- Proven ability to produce clear written reports and communicate verbally in English.
- Good IT skills, and experience using MS Office suite packages.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver complex tasks to tight timelines.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Adaptability, and able to cope with a wide variety of tasks.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
Previous experience in performing due diligence activities.
- Good understanding of wind energy and previous experience in wind lender and owner's engineer activities
- Understanding of standard contract forms in construction, in particular for renewable energy projects
- Understanding of Irish planning as applied to onshore wind
- Good understanding of project finance structures and the financial models for wind farm projects
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: