Requisition ID: 66361
Provides process engineering expertise for assigned unit(s) and/or projects. Identifies long-term improvement opportunities to improve unit(s) profitability and optimize efficiency. Performs process engineering activities in all project phases including feasibility/economic studies, conceptual design, identification and evaluation of alternatives, front-end design, detail engineering, construction and startup/commissioning.
- Applies process engineering principles and expertise for project development and for refinery as needed.
- Provides troubleshooting and optimization for refineries operational support.
- Identify long-term improvement opportunities for the plant.
- Interfaces with System Optimization to insure unit constraints and yields are accurately reflected in refinery’s linear programming model and disseminates individual unit’s economic values to Operations and refinery management.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in chemical engineering
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a refining industry
- Plant level unit support experience required for all levels
- Competitive Base Pay
- ICP (Annual Bonus)
- 401 (k) 6% Match
- Profit Sharing 4% Contribution
- LTI: Long Term Incentive for select roles
- 2 – 4 weeks of paid vacation depending on experience
- Holiday & Sick Pay
- 9/80 Work Schedule
- Gallup, New Mexico
- Kenai, AK
- El Paso, Texas
- Los Angeles, California
- Martinez, California
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Mandan, North Dakota
- Anacortes, Washington
- Dickinson, ND
- St. Paul, MN
Types of Opportunities
- Lead Process Engineer
- Senior Process Engineer
- Intermediate Process Engineer
- Lead Process Controls Engineer
- Senior Process Controls Engineer
- Superintendent, Process Controls
**This position is part of an Engineering Technical Ladder with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications. **
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-LW1 || |Refinery Operations || 78261 ||