Requisition ID: 65061
Manages all aspects of assigned projects including project scope, estimate, schedule, engineering design, equipment and material selection, project bidding, contractor selection, construction oversight, management of change, safety and environmental oversight and all other project tasks to successfully accomplish project goals of liquid pipeline and terminal capital and expense projects in a safe, profitable, timely and efficient manner. Supports multiple capital and expense projects simultaneously within a managed budget and execution schedule.
- Collaborates with affected departments during gated Front-End Loading (Apprise, Select and Define stages where projects are initiated, concepts selected and front-end definitions developed) to vet resource estimates, schedules, business benefits, environmental/health/safety impacts. Participates in technical reviews to ensure detailed engineering meets corporate engineering standards. Develops project feasibility and economic analysis to determine viability. Prepares decision support packages for review and approval by management.
- Monitors and controls project performance during Project Execution stage to ensure project meets agreed quality, cost and time parameters in safe and environmentally sound manner. May have contractor oversight.
- Collaborates with Project Controls on project administration (scheduling, estimating, cost management, schedule management etc) so that project resources are optimized. Conducts productivity analysis to identify and resolve critical variances so that project can achieve established objectives.
- Coordinates with Procurement in development of contracting plan, including engineering and execution resources.
- Identifies risk factors and ranks as of level of threat posed to project's success during technical and location-oriented risk assessment. Develops and implements risk response plan to monitor and control risks throughout project lifecycle.
- Maintains accurate and current project documentation. Develops start-up manuals, operating and emergency response procedures, training materials, etc.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in engineering required.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Terminal, Pipeline project and Project Management with a major oil and gas or transmission company is required. Previous experience in DOT liquid pipeline and terminal design and piping fabrication, pipeline and terminal operations, basic pipeline hydraulics, and tank devices is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office products; excellent analytical skills. Experience with HYSYS (or similar process modeling software) is preferred.
- Ability to: Communicate effectively orally and in writing; understand and execute oral and written instructions; handle and maintain confidential information; exhibit high-level self-management skills; perform efficiently and accurately while working on multiple projects in several different geographic locations; determine the distance and relationship between objects; see objects at close range; be courteous to co-workers and customers/owners; follow directions from supervisors; work diligently and independently without direct supervision; work with a positive team attitude
- Requires: working additional hours, weekends and/or holidays to complete projects or meet deadlines; ~30 % travel with overnight stays; on-and off-road travel conditions; conditions requiring ability to distinguish distances between objects. Conditions include climbing ladders, crawling into confined spaces, climbing on under and over piping and walking on uneven ground. Conditions include working in high places, such as on top of a 40’ storage tank. Conditions include working in elevated and reduced temperature environments. Conditions include working near equipment that may have hydrocarbon odors. Conditions include the possibility to be fit tested for a respirator or self-contained breathing apparatus
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Salt Lake City || Utah || United States (US) || SF:LI-JC-1 || |Engineering; Logistics || 84103 ||