Requisition ID: 62461
Supports trading team through recommendations to traders on improvement opportunities. Assists in exposure management, squaring off futures/swaps positions, and reconcile against risk books. Assists traders with review, analysis and explanation of daily profit/loss variations and position exposures. Reviews and analyzes open rack market opportunities in order to capture maximum netback. Assists with contracts, deal entry, deal execution duties and customer relationships
- Coordinates with product supply and marketing to offer guidance on rack optimization
- Researches and resolves trade-related discrepancies using blend of knowledge, experience and analysis. Works with Renewables Trading Controls to investigate and determine root cause for variance. Acts as the liaison with the Risk and Analytics group. Participates in development and enhancements of position management tools for trading teams to facilitate decision-making.
- Acquires and maintains external and internal resources to develop market intelligence and insights into regional supply/demand issues. Formulates point of view on market fundamentals. Conducts economic evaluations to identify profitable trading opportunities.
- Prepares data analysis for the team and works with Market Analytics group to produce relevant market research applicable to the Bench. Analyzes commercial trading opportunities and vets those with traders or trading management
- Gathers and reports competitive intelligence on underlying supply and demand forces impacting assigned region. Establishes and sustains relationships within the natural work group as well as some key suppliers/counterparties.
- Supports Accounting and Renewables Trading Controls with reconciliation of position reports to systems of record. Collaborates with System Optimization to incorporate trade information into linear programming models used to determine refineries’ operating plan. Participates in optimization modelling to evaluate supply opportunities. Provides analytical support for logistics optimization studies
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, accounting, engineering or related field of study required.
- 4 or more years of experience in trading and/or commercial support or related within the energy industry required.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-AA-1 || |Commercial || 78259 ||