Requisition ID: 63602
Administers refinery’s health and safety programs. Promotes safe working environment by ensuring compliance with company safety policies and programs and local/state/federal safety regulations. Provides technical advice and support. Responds during nights and weekends to health and safety events. May provide coverage including extended night shift during turnaround events.
- Administers safe work processes including injury and illness prevention and permit to work. Conducts job hazard assessments evaluating work sites for safety hazards and develops plans to reduce risk. Provides safety and health technical support to Operations and Maintenance. Provides Permit to Work guidance upon request. Communicates health and safety messages through regular attendance at meetings.
- Audits health and safety programs to assure compliance. Interprets local/state/federal health and safety regulations to ensure refinery’s compliance. Analyzes refinery’s health and safety data to recognize trends and recommends program improvements. Reviews programs, procedures and work instructions making necessary revisions based on incident learnings and best practices.
- Provides turnaround support regularly communicating safety messages to teams and contractors. Prepares health and safety status reports for shutdown and turnaround events.
- Participates in incident/accident investigations and risk assessments in collaboration with Audit & Investigations Coordinators. Serves as member of incident management team during emergencies. Ensures investigation learnings are shared with workforce.
- Develops and delivers safety training.
- Serves as role model and champion for safety and safety compliance. Fosters safety culture through mentoring refinery staff in techniques and procedures for control and elimination of unsafe conditions/hazards/acts.
- Minimum high school or GED required.
- Undergraduate degree in safety, industrial hygiene or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ operations or maintenance experience in refining industry required.
- Health and safety experience in refining industry preferred.
- Safety certifications preferred such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Technical writing skills; ability to draft and modify procedures, and work instructions.
- Knowledge of local/state/federal health and safety regulations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have physical ability to access all areas of the refinery, including use of stairs and ladders.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Carson || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Refinery Operations || 90810 ||