DNV GL is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated solar expert to join our team in Barcelona, with more than 60 colleagues fully dedicated to the solar business. The position is a full-time position that reports to the Solar Head of Section at the Barcelona office.
As an independent advisor, the Senior Solar Engineer will spend the majority of the time conducting direct project work for clients, in addition to supporting business development and in-house research projects.
In particular, the Senior Solar Engineer will lead the solar assets operation and management business in Spain and will be part of an international group of solar experts dealing with operational services for solar plants.
- Direct Project work. As part of the daily work, it is expected that the Senior Solar Engineer will be involved in technical advisory tasks which may include project analysis, data analytics with skills and knowledge to determine project performance trends and component behavior, site inspections for root cause analytics, project management, preparing and delivering presentations and direct contact with the Customers;
- Lead the solar assets operation and management business in the Region and coordinate with colleagues from other offices;
- Business Development. As part of leading the solar operations and maintenance business in Spain, the Senior Solar Engineer will be responsible for tracking business opportunities, market intelligence, develop services according to Industry needs and develop and maintain the required network of contacts with focus on main European solar PV markets;
- Research and Development. Propose and be involved in internal R&D Projects related to the solar business.
- 5+ years of professional experience in engineering or consultancy for the solar PV sector;
- Strong knowledge on solar PV technology and design. Experience may include but is not limited to: system design, energy estimates, equipment selection, and performance monitoring;
- Strong knowledge and experience on solar PV related regulations, codes and standards as well as with IEC and other relevant certifications in the industry;
- Experience on solar PV Project Construction, Commissioning procedures (Equipment test data review) and Acceptance tests;
- Experience working with Solar PV Project operation data and familiar with site inspections and measurement equipment (thermographic cameras, I-V curve tracers);
- Project management skills and experience;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Lead and support independent qualitative and quantitative analysis;
- Willingness to travel across the country and internationally;
- Ability to work independently, with an internal team, and with external partner organizations;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Familiarity with PVsyst as well as other energy simulation software;
- Programming skills (Excel in advance, Visual Basic, SQL, R);
- Background in uncertainty, probability and statistics;
- Bachelor's degree required in Electrical Engineering or similar;
- Master's degree preferred;
- Valid driving License.
Please submit your CV in English.
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: