Senior Test Engineer
Under the Director of Test Operations, prepare detailed test procedures based on industry standards and/or Customers' test plans. This position is responsible for assuring the work of Test Operations is performed in a safe, efficient manner and in accordance with all DNV GL and industry standards while meeting the DNV GL requirements for the Customer.
Tasks May Include
- Under the direction of the Director of Test Operations:
- Identify equipment requirements to conduct each test and manage Test Engineers, Test Operators, Technicians and other support personnel to successfully execute Customers' test programs.
- Manage Customer expectations before, during and after the test program evolution. Act as the single point of contact with the Customer representatives during the conduct of the test program at the KEMA Laboratories - Chalfont facility.
- Identify and prepare circuits and procedural sequences including MARS to meet test requirements using industry standards and/or Customer's test plans.
- Assure all requirements of the KEMA Laboratories - Chalfont HSE and Quality Management programs are strictly adhered to during the test program.
- Review Customer Quotes for technical requirements, facility adequacy, Test Operations skills requirements and provide information to the Sales Engineer for incorporation in the Quote and Purchase Order. Contact the Customer as required, clarifying or resolving discrepancies, open issues, questions, etc. Assure requirements are incorporated in the final Quote and Purchase Order and advise the Head of Department - Test Operations and Head of Section regarding readiness for approval of the Quote and Purchase Order.
- Develop complex test programs and assure all necessary requirements and conditions stipulated in the approved Quote and Purchase Order are incorporated in the test program.
- Monitor test program preparation and execution to ensure safety of the personnel and equipment utilized in conducting each test evolution. Provide technical direction to Test Operations personnel as necessary.
- Analyze the test results, prepare a comprehensive written Test Report and/or review the test results with the Customer. Assure accuracy of the Test Report and compliance with all applicable industry standards and Customer requirements as described in the Quote, Purchase Order and Test Plans.
- Assure that all written Test Reports strictly adhere to all requirements of the KEMA Laboratories - Chalfont Quality Management programs.
- Maintain current working knowledge of applicable ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL and other standards for electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Train Test Engineers and Operators in the safe and efficient use of lab equipment and in the execution of test procedures.
- Perform the duties of Test Engineers and Operators as operating conditions warrant.
- Assist the Director of Test Operations to develop new and improved test procedures, operations processes, training curriculum, equipment and test technologies, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Test Operations
This position requires an individual who can adapt to changing situations based on the quantity of work, the demands of customers and management. The position requires an individual who can devote the required amount of time to successfully accomplish the short and long term goals of the organization. The position is exempt from overtime, however evening work and weekend work is to be expected.
This position may be required to respond to emergency callout situations and be on site within one (1) hour of being notified.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work involves a great deal of standing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works in high places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately loud.
- Bachelors's degree in Electrical or Power Engineering required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in high voltage, high power, utility scale electrical/mechanical equipment testing required
- Experience as Substation or Testing & Distribtuion Engineer preferred
- Working knowledge of applicable ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL and other standards for electrical/mechanical equipment
- Willingness and ability to work rotating shifts and respond to callout situations requiring on-site presence within 1 hour
- Willingness and ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated customer relationship management skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal communications skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: