Brief Team and Position Summary :
DNV GL - Energy Advisory Laboratory Services Group is seeking a full-time Shipping and Receiving Technician to join our Component Testing Team, which is responsible for both performance characterizations and accelerated stress testing.
This position is primarily responsible for inspecting and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments in our facility, following our quality and productivity standards. We expect the targeted candidate to have a passion for the solar industry, be able to take direction well, follow-through on assigned tasks, remain calm in high stress environments while multi-tasking, be self-motivated, resourceful, and able to work without direct supervision when required. This position is based at our lab in Berkeley, CA, with occasional travel to our facilities in South San Francisco and Davis.
Tasks May Include
- Receiving and inspecting shipments from in and out of the country
- Preparing and sending shipments in and out of the country
- Running our inventory control system (internal tracking of customer inventory being tested (yard and internal), lab supplies, office supplies, seeking quotes)
- Occasional install and testing of hardware, PV modules, inverters, and monitoring equipment
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Monitor tool operational status and ensure corrective actions are implemented to maximize uptime
- Organize and maintain inventory of frequently used supplies
- Propose opportunities for preventive maintenance programs, repairs, spare parts, upgrades, or replacement of assets.
- Other duties assigned, as needed.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 2 years of experience in shipping and receiving merchandise (nationally and internationally)
- 1 to 2 years of experience with inventory management for a manufacturing / lab and/or warehouse environment.
- Driver's license
- Ability to use data acquisition systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Willingness and ability to work in a combination of indoor desk work, indoor laboratory work and outdoor field work
- Willingness and ability to lift 50lbs, climb ladders, and work on roof tops in varying temperatures
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Organizational skills
- We conduct pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Fork lift experience
- OSHA training
- Familiarity for ERP and/or MRP systems
- Experience in PV Component performance and HALT testing
- Familiarity with electrical plans and field layouts
- PV System site inspection experience
- LabVIEW tester software knowledge and ability to troubleshoot
- Strong health and safety mindset
- Driven individual that can take on work and drive to completion
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet deadlines (time management is key)
Opportunities Beyond Business
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work toward our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: