Social Media Advisor
Location: San Ramon, California USA
Duration: February 2018- August 2018
Seeking a Social Media Advisor for a Policy, Government &Public Affairs (PGPA) Business Unit in San Ramon, CA. The PGPA team is taking on more Enterprise focused projects with high visibility, so an experienced social media resource is needed. The Social Media Advisor position will be a great opportunity for someone who is interested in strategic application of social media, both internal and external employee advocacy and executive visibility. The Social Media Advisor will assist in guiding the strategic use of social media in corporate communications, online stakeholder engagement, advocacy campaigns, and issues management, as well as in consulting to key internal business partner and local lines of business on social media opportunities best suited for their stakeholder engagement needs. This role requires the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and deliverables in a fast paced environment, and strong project management skills; it requires someone with a keen attention to detail, strategic thinking and good judgment. The specific responsibilities of the role are as follows:
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Help create and energize online communities and foster positive, constructive dialog on key issues
- Interact with key audiences to align their needs with corporate objectives
- Consult with other departments to ensure alignment in external messaging. Help determine whether, when and how to participate in the conversation
- Interact with editorial staff and agency partners to envision, develop and promote interactive content that encourages engagement and participation
- Listen, monitor and coordinate responses to requests and conversations
- Work closely with the company’s social media monitoring and community management firms
- Manage projects that touch many stakeholders across the business and require securing buy-in, consensus and alignment such as employee activation on social media
- Establish appropriate metrics and report on a regular basis, including recommendations, to demonstrate effectiveness of our programs and initiatives
- Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices and how other organizations and companies are using them, so that the company can evaluate and adopt technologies that meet business needs
- 8-10 years’ experience in social media
- Understand the strategic intent of branded online social media communities
- Ability to publish to social media channels
- Ability to create effective copy for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)
- Understand the value of social listening and conduct social media monitoring for engagement and issues management
- Ability to effectively manage social media communities and engage with stakeholders online
- Understanding of digital analytics, how to measure content effectiveness, tools, dashboards and reporting
- Knowledge of best practices of employee activation and advocacy in social media, as well as internal social networking
- Experience supporting executives on social media for big brands
- Experience in large organizations and/or experience rolling out large-scale social media programs
- Good judgment and the ability to balance the needs and desires of external stakeholders with corporate objectives
- Write and communicate clearly and free of jargon.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Self-starter and innovator who loves running with things while keeping key stakeholders updated on progress, opportunities and issues.
- Digital curiosity and a desire for continuous learning- you spend a lot of time online and stay up-do-date on what’s new, innovative and useful.
- Experience in the energy industry or extractive industry. That’s not mandatory, but it’s a plus.
- This is full-time contractor position.
- This position is located onsite in San Ramon, CA.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Occasional weekend and 24/7 coverage may be required.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.