DNV GL - Software's Pipeline Product Development team produces software products for the Oil, Gas and Water utilities. The pipeline product line, built on industry-leading integrity and risk analysis platforms, provides a comprehensive range of solutions for inspection monitoring, operational performance tracking and risk analysis. This includes multiple data source and GIS-integration in liquid and gas pipelines. The performance, preventative maintenance and regulatory compliance of oil, gas and water pipelines and distribution networks are governed by the inspection management and operational decisions supported by these products.
Tasks May Include
- Creating solutions to specification provided by a technical lead
- Generating and maintaining software documentation (for developers, and deployment personnel)
- Performing code reviews and application testing
- Adhering to development processes to ensure quality
- Depending on educational background and experience, this may involve any of the following software development lifecycle activities - user requirements specification, system analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation, etc.
- Assist software development staff in the use of new software development technologies and practices
- Assist project management by providing informed design and/or effort estimates as needed
- Must be able to adhere to departmental standards and assist in best-practices evolution as needed
- Must be able to adhere to attendance policy and work within product development timelines
- Advise team regarding new software development and computer industry trends
- Assist and mentor other team members (peers) in development techniques
- Practice and promote professional software development practices
- Communicate and function efficiently within a team environment
- Interface proactively and professionally with subject-matter-experts in order to obtain requirements and scope guidance
- Report time and task status consistently and reliably
- Maintain work quality
What We're Seeking
- BS or Masters in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of three years of professional software development experience
- Proven ability to create professional looking web-based user interfaces
- Experience with browser/web UI development techniques
- Ability to interface web UI pages to backend servers and services
- Clear communication skills, and ability to educate others on their knowledge and expertise
- Experience in one or more .NET development languages (eg. C#, VB.Net)
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio tools
- Experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience using Git for source code control
- Experience with Azure and Cloud development
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development processes
- Experience with MVC / Web API
- UX design
- RESTful API design
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Exposure to or knowledge of GIS data and/or frameworks (eg. ESRI ArcGIS)
Opportunities Beyond Business
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work toward our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world-leading provider of software for a safer, smarter and greener future in the energy, process and maritime industries. Our solutions support a variety of business critical activities including design and engineering, risk assessment, asset integrity and optimization, QHSE, and ship management. Our worldwide presence facilitates a strong customer focus and efficient sharing of industry best practice and standards.