DNV GL - Digital Solutions is seeking a Software Product Manager to manage our existing Plant Integrity/Asset Performance Management (APM) product portfolio as well as new offerings built upon the foundation of broader industry-leading solutions provided by DNV GL to the Process Plant Operator market segment. Currently the Plant Integrity/APM Portfolio includes Synergi Plant, Synergi RBI, and Maros and Taro RAM tools. This position may be based anywhere in the continental United States, including remote (home) office. Preference will be afforded for locating in one of our Digital Solutions offices - Oakland CA, Mechanicsburg PA, Katy (Houston) TX, Corvallis OR.
The Product Manager will have an in-depth understanding of Plant Integrity/APM, competitive landscape and the market which is served by the products and will be responsible for assimilating this knowledge across the global Software business, and communicating it to sales, marketing, product development, and management.
Product Managers must have strong domain knowledge. Familiarity with DNV GL's current Plant Integrity/APM Portfolio is a plus. They will utilize this to develop product strategies and development plans to meet global and regional customer needs, market trends and maintain a competitive advantage.
They will work as part of a dedicated product management team and will collaborate closely with other product managers to ensure cohesive industry sector focused products.
The Product Manager must maintain a good working relationship with the relevant DNV GL service lines and business areas. Further, the Product Manager must maintain good working relationships with business development units and sales executives to identify product development needs.
Tasks May Include
- The preparation and on-going management of 3-5year product roadmaps and establishing release schedules and product development priorities which are in line with the business and product line strategy
- Responsible for external and internal product readiness, being a key resource for the sales department throughout the sales cycle. They are the product evangelist that drive the awareness and uptake of their product(s) in the global market and monitor market performance
- Ownership of the scope and timeline for bringing new or updated product/module/functionality to the market. Lead the charge toward new methods of delivery of our products, into a more Web-based offering, utilizing Cloud computing capabilities, and moving to a "Software as a Service" model
- Coordinating the on-going input of business leaders and product teams to collate current product market status, market positioning and future market requirements for the product and progressing these into the short-term development plans
- Actively communicating with clients and the wider industry on the product's capabilities, future direction and actively canvassing their input to the product, including work on joint industry projects
- Taking ownership of post-release product performance: Monitoring sales numbers and elevating any concerns or deviations against budgets or projections used to support the business plan. Working with the Support team, to track customer satisfaction levels and help address concerns
- Monitoring product commercial performance, including the performance relative to the investment business case presented for new functionality and presenting this to senior management
- Tracking market trends and anticipating market changes that could significantly impact the demand for the products or drive the need for extended capability. Communicating the product priorities and required timelines to the Development Managers and technical team members
- Recommending end-of-life for poorly performing products (or modules) and managing the process
- Leading the definition of Marketing requirements for existing and new products. Coordinating and compiling Sales and Marketing materials to be used across the software business
- Work with Marketing to provide product awareness campaigns (for example literature and webinars) within the Software business and to external clients to ensure full understanding of product capabilities and how it can benefit clients
- Work with the Head of Product Management to define licensing structures that fit the business model and business culture of each region. Recommending license pricing, including regional variations where appropriate. This includes current model of software products, as well as future web and cloud based service offerings
- Work with the wider DNV GL advisory business to establish cohesive software and advisory offerings
- Being a champion for the products across the business and in the industry
- Education in a software, computer science or engineering discipline
- Strong Integrity and Risk Management Domain knowledge, specifically Process Plant facilities
- Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to evangelize ideas and concepts and be a leader through influence
- 5 years of increasing experience in developing and managing software products, and managing a multi-year roadmap
- Experience in Oil & Gas/Petrochemical industries, specifically process plant facilities
- Willingness and ability to undertake global travel as needed, to provide pre-sales support, to attend and participate in company and external events to share information about the products, and to interact with current and prospective clients to gather intelligence for use in our product planning. Estimate 33% travel, yearly average
- Experience with Existing DNV GL Plant Integrity/APM applications
- Experience with Plant integrity in Power Plant Facilities
- Experience in product management of a cloud or web based offering (PaaS, SaaS)
- Volunteer leadership role in industry organizations / consortiums / etc.
- Experience of applying advanced data analytics
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Company and Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100 countries, our professionals are dedicated to helping customers in the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL - Digital Solutions is a world-leading provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more. Our open industry platform Veracity, cyber security and software solutions support business-critical activities across many industries, including maritime, energy and healthcare.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: