The Consultant shall be responsible for providing a variety of solar energy-related consulting services associated with:
- Design review
- Site assessment
- System energy modelling energy estimates
- Technology evaluation and risk assessment
- EPC evaluation, selection, and monitoring;
- Technical report writing
- Travel to Customer and remote sites.
Business development activities will include the following:
Maintain an understanding of the industry needs and how the section can serve those needs. Suggest additional services or changes so that the company plays a role in advancing the state of the art in the solar industry.
- Establish customer relationships that are long-term with a focus on repeat business.
- Participate in industry events and ensure that the company and service offerings are well-known and well-respected in the solar industry.
The Consultant is expected to:
Understand the risks and assists the Customer in providing mitigation measures associated with the solar farm development at various condition and phases.
- Work together with various multi-disciplinary project team to provide a coordinated approach to developing a solar farm from feasibility right through to an operational solar farm.
- Perform site solar resource assessments and site capacity potential for Greenfield project evaluations;
- Develop site measurement plans, technical requirements, construction supervision, commissioning and monitoring;
- Develop optimized PV layouts for various site capacities in order to maximize the project value;
- Support PV suitability analysis for greenfield or constructed projects or;
- Perform solar resource and technical risks assessments for financial due diligence;
- Support the development and implementation of organization-wide strategies, prioritizing organizational efforts and resources toward development and education activities that are critical to the Organization's mission, vision, culture, values, and strategic priorities;
- Identify, qualify and assess new and existing DNV GL-Customer relationships and opportunities;
- Develop, write and manage/facilitate terms of reference and/or proposal development process;
- Conduct research, needs assessments and performance analysis to support and design performance interventions to achieve Customer's short-, medium- and long-term goals and objectives;
- Facilitate and support advocacy, research, debrief and feedback, communication and reporting to stakeholders; strengthens networking and collaboration opportunities; and disseminates results for increased DNV GL and Customer stakeholder profile, recognition and opportunities;
- Research, assess and monitor the effectiveness of all learning, development and training initiatives and performance interventions against defined metrics;
- Guide DNV GL's leadership in responding to emerging issues and opportunities; Customer problem-solving and dispute resolution; and
- Act as an effective liaison between Customer and DNV GL, as well as an Ambassador for DNV GL's business solutions and capabilities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in solar/renewable energy, engineering, statistics, atmospheric science, mathematics, physics or other relevant discipline.
Strong technical and organizational skills;
- Statistical analysis and database skills;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers;
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with diverse people - customers and co-workers;
- Flexibility and adaptability - issues and tasks may change quickly;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: