This position will be located in our Bangalore, India office. In addition to Bangalore, our Asia Pacific energy and renewables advisory consulting practice has principal offices in Bangkok, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai and Melbourne.
The Solar PV Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of solar consulting services targeted towards project developers and investors and will primarily related to commercial and utility-scale PV systems.
Typical duties may include:
- Analysis and development of meteorological files and assumptions for inclusion in PVsyst and other solar energy modeling tools;
- Forecasting long-term solar resource using measure-correlate-predict methods and other regression models;
- Development of annual and long term solar energy assessments, using PVsyst and other modeling tools;
- Development of uncertainty analyses using statistical and pragmatic approaches to determine probabilistic energy production forecasts;
- Undertaking PV Due Diligence analysis;
- Conduct energy production and technical reviews of portfolios of residential and commercial solar projects, and provide opinions regarding potential flaws in process or methodology;
- Analysis of energy production data from PV projects, including comparison of operating vs. modeled data, downtime analyses, and various other comparative analyses using quantitative data analysis techniques;
- Review of test procedures and methods to collect data to evaluate the performance of solar projects;
- Review and provide comments on resource assessments and energy estimates provided by other consultants;
- Conceptual design of solar PV facilities;
- Independent review of solar PV designs, testing/commissioning procedures and QA/QC documentation;
- Undertaking inspection of PV manufacturing facilities (Modules, inverters, trackers) in order to provide a Bankable report on the technology of new players in the market;
- Inspection of Solar PV plants;
- Feasibility studies for PV plants;
- Development of technical specifications and scope of work documentation for solar PV projects;
- Technical report writing
- Interfacing with clients to discuss results and risk mitigation;
- Assist in the preparation of proposals including scope of services, schedule and budgeting;
- Assist in the preparation of technical papers or presentations;
- Project management;
- Work in a global team with good communication skills in order to provide technical support for projects in Europe, America, Asia and Middle East;
- Managing multiple projects to ensure they are completed within timescale and budget;
- Any other duties as directed by the Country and Regional Managers.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Solid academic background on PV systems, technologies and simulation of PV plants
- B.Tech Graduates (Electrical, Electronics & Instrumentation) from Premiere Institutes.
- More than 5 years of work experience in relevant industry
- Knowledge and experience with Indian and international electrical and building codes
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for analysing statistical data.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluency in English is a must
- Prior experience of project management
- Ability to write and compose clear and accurate reports in English; excellent knowledge of MS Office is a must
- Knowledge of the solar Indian market
- Familiarity with PV software packages for simulating PV plants
- Strong teamwork but must be a Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Work with a larger cross-functional team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
Experience of any of the following would be an advantage
- Experience utilizing PVsyst or other solar energy modeling tools
- Experience utilizing R or MATLAB (or similar) for statistical analysis and data regression
- Experience in the development and/or feasibility assessment of solar or wind energy projects in India
- Experience in the electrical or civil detailed design of solar or wind energy projects in India
- Experience in the design, manufacture or testing of solar PV equipment
- Experience of developing proposals for work, including budgets, appropriate contractual terms, and undertaking negotiations on scope and price with clients.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: